Jaguars sign TE Evan Engram (1 year, $9M)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no issues with this one. I don't think it's going to ultimately contribute a ton of value, but at least there's the possibility of some. 

Kinda how I feel. I always thought Engram would do well after leaving Giants

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Evan is a really hard worker and a good guy. He has a serious case of the dropsies and has never really been used correctly. Wish him the best, but I am mad that this isn't nearly enough for a comp pick.

9M for a single year (so 9M AAV) is far more than enough to factor into the comp pick formula. 

Would have netted a 5th round pick according to the OTC 2022 cancellation tracker: https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/

• Like 1

H A L L E L U J A A A A A A A A A A H !!!!!!!!

🥳 🍻 🤩 🍻 😄🍻 🤑 🍻 😎 🍻 😈 

Pardon my outburst. What I meant to say was, we are very grateful for all the effort Evan has given us and, um, what a good teammate he was, and he's a Pro Bowler after all, and he wish him the best of luck in his ......... *snrk* ... ROTFL

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At 1 team in the AFCS is "Trying" to improve their tean, spend FA money. Whether any workout remains to be seen but sitting on your hands like Indy two straight years is laughable. Rather have this IMO. 

• Like 1

This kid can play I think Trevor Lawrence is going to love him. 

Laugh @ Jacksonville all you want...

Their team is adding talent with players who can play this game. 

(they're fully loaded in draft capital too A+ draft capital and Travis Etienne is in the works).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

30 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

H A L L E L U J A A A A A A A A A A H !!!!!!!!

🥳 🍻 🤩 🍻 😄🍻 🤑 🍻 😎 🍻 😈 

Pardon my outburst. What I meant to say was, we are very grateful for all the effort Evan has given us and, um, what a good teammate he was, and he's a Pro Bowler after all, and he wish him the best of luck in his ......... *snrk* ... ROTFL

Damn. No love lost here.

The moves are fine in a vacuum except that the Jags are doubling up on skill sets.   Kirk vs. Shenault, Engram vs. Arnold, and even Kirk vs Engram.  Ideally they’d get a true X receiver and an inline TE.  Now they have 2 move TE and 2 guys who work best in same area of field (don’t let the gadget / short area usage fool you Shenault miscast in that role).   And of course Engram / Kirk strengths are both in the slot.   So yeah….curious.  

At least we know Pederson loves 12 formation.   Just a little curious they didn’t pursue an inline capable TE.   

Love getting Scherff for Trevor Lawrence.    Kinda understood Kirk even though the $ is beyond insane.   This seems…redundant.   And since it’s only for 1 year seems like there’s no long term speculation either.   Then again it’s Baalke so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The moves are fine in a vacuum except that the Jags are doubling up on skill sets.   Kirk vs. Shenault, Engram vs. Arnold, and even Kirk vs Engram.  Ideally they’d get a true X receiver and an inline TE.  Now they have 2 move TE and 2 guys who work best in same area of field (don’t let the gadget / short area usage fool you Shenault miscast in that role).   And of course Engram / Kirk strengths are both in the slot.   So yeah….curious.  

At least we know Pederson loves 12 formation.   Just a little curious they didn’t pursue an inline capable TE.   

Love getting Scherff for Trevor Lawrence.    Kinda understood Kirk even though the $ is beyond insane.   This seems…redundant.   And since it’s only for 1 year seems like there’s no long term speculation either.   Then again it’s Baalke so 🤷‍♂️

So you're telling me they don't need Tebow?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I honestly think Shenault is cooked. He may stick around due to being cheap, but he was downright awful. Struggled picking up the playbook, severe drop issues, and overall just put a lot of bad stuff on tape.

The Engram/Arnold situation is indeed going to be interesting. I was actually pleasantly surprised with Arnold’s blocking last year when he got here so hopefully he can build on that.