Bucs sign WR Russell Gage (3 years, $30M)

ACO

Just now, iloxygenil said:

If you’re willing to go 8-9 then going past that is just dumb. This is why people stay in debt and don’t know what a budget is. Glad you don’t control my bank account my business or any organization’s purse strings. 

LMAO, that's terrible reasoning. If you have a value range of $9M and you want to keep your guy, but you have a chance to bring him back for $10M and less than $3M over the course of the contract,  that's just a bad business decision, as the value is minimal especially as contract totals rise every year and you're really only tied to the guaranteed portion.

Now if you apply that strategy to every player, then yea that would not be a sound business model, but to do it to a player in your scenario makes no sense. 

Also, you know nothing of my finances, or how I manage them, so probably not best to be calling someone out with zero knowledge.

51 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'd rather have Gage than Kirk or Zay. 

Not my money though. 

I agree 💯 with this 

However, I don't really like paying this much for him when Godwin isn't signed long term yet 

We could have used this money to bring back Whitehead instead but 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

LMAO, that's terrible reasoning. If you have a value range of $9M and you want to keep your guy, but you have a chance to bring him back for $10M and less than $3M over the course of the contract,  that's just a bad business decision, as the value is minimal especially as contract totals rise every year and you're really only tied to the guaranteed portion.

Now if you apply that strategy to every player, then yea that would not be a sound business model, but to do it to a player in your scenario makes no sense. 

Also, you know nothing of my finances, or how I manage them, so probably not best to be calling someone out with zero knowledge.

I’ll call you out over and over and over on that. If something is worth 8 million and you pay 10 for it, you’re making a bad business decision. So I stand by my statement and my facts don’t care about your feelings 

I think this is a great move actually especially with Brady coming back and Godwin on the franchise tag. 

he’s a solid number 2 if Godwin isn’t ready asap and if they don’t resign Godwin off the tag then he’s insurance next year. You’ve got to make sure you have weapons for Brady no matter what 

6 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Surprised the Bucs spent at WR, with the cap situation they have. Also, they seem like they really don't want Miller to be their no. 3 guy. Is he really limited in some way I don't see? 

I don’t recall Miller being anything other than a deep threat. He is not a chain mover

That deal seems about right. A little higher than I thought he'd get, but not by much. It's a good situation for him, as painful as that is to say. He'll do well as the #3 paired alongside Evans and Godwin. 

Makes sense for the Bucs. Wouldn't make sense for the Falcons to hand out a contract like that, given their cap situation. 

3 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I’ll call you out over and over and over on that. If something is worth 8 million and you pay 10 for it, you’re making a bad business decision. So I stand by my statement and my facts don’t care about your feelings 

Except when you have to spend even more to replace said entity or use unnecessary draft capital on it when you could have paid  pennies on the dollar more in the long run to keep him. 

There are companies that take this approach all the time. They'd rather let a quality performer leave because they dont want to give a raise to keep them. They'd rather hire someone for half the price and 6 months down the road that person leaves, or sucks and they have to replace them. This cost them exponentially more in the long run. It's the definition of a bad business decision.

Keep telling yourself it's only black and white though and stroke your internet tough guy persona. 

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Except when you have to spend even more to replace said entity or use unnecessary draft capital on it when you could have paid  pennies on the dollar more in the long run to keep him. 

There are companies that take this approach all the time. They'd rather let a quality performer leave because they dont want to give a raise to keep them. They'd rather hire someone for half the price and 6 months down the road that person leaves, or sucks and they have to replace them. This cost them exponentially more in the long run. It's the definition of a bad business decision.

Keep telling yourself it's only black and white though and stroke your internet tough guy persona. 

You are so far off base it's not worth a further response.