Raiders trade for Davante Adams

TheRealMcCoy

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

All Green Bay Packers fans will talk about is how Aaron Rodgers was once a 2x MVP without Davante Adams. 

But wasn't that back in 2011 and 2014 @ only 28 and 31 years old? 

Big difference (now) here come 2022 @ 38 years old (and turns 39 during Football season).

PS: Aaron Rodgers isn't going to play better @ 38-39 years old without Davante Adams 852 Targets, 581 Receptions, 68.2% Catch Rate Percentage, 7,192 Receiving Yards and 69 TDs along with an elite Receiver Rating of 117.5 throughout the previous 6 seasons (since becoming a full-time starter) + 2 All-Pro's and 5 Consecutive Pro Bowls. 

Aaron Rodgers is going to have his worst NFL season of All-Time throughout 2022 and that's because @ age 38-39 he's currently left with absolutely nothingness @ WR.

Heck even my Jets have a much more talented WR room than his Green Bay Packers currently do (especially after adding one of Drake London/Garrett Wilson @ 10th overall). 

PS: And I couldn't care less about "7-0" against crap teams like the Lions and others because throughout 11 Postseason Playoff games Davante Adams has Combined for 101 Targets, 72 Receptions, 910 Receiving Yards and 8 TDs with an elite Catch Rate Percentage of 71.3% 

7-0? 

Wrong. 

Aaron Rodgers is 0-1 during the playoffs since Davante Adams and finished with an awful QB Rating of only 77.9.

Losing Davante Adams doesn't get Aaron Rodgers closer to a SB 🏆; it means that he'll never (even) SNIFF one again.

GBs WR room currently stinks and will stink for the next 2-3 years because Green Bay literally never drafts 1st round Offensive Players. They always go Defense. They've only drafted Aaron Rodgers two 1st round Offensive Prospects throughout his entire career in Green Bay. They haven't drafted him not even 1 1st round Offensive Prospect in over 10+ years outside of only JORDAN LOVE (and that's, criminal).

Not once throughout Aaron Rodgers career has GB featured this type of crap @ WR.

And he's going to not only struggle because of it but he's going to struggle bad because of it; GB is probably ranked 32nd/32nd in NFL WR talent right now (dead last).

He will figure out a way to make it work. He's a first ballot Hall of Fame QB for a reason. Davante Adams leaving does not mean Rodgers will suddenly stop being good at football. Will he be as good statistically next year? Probably not, but I would be shocked if we dont win atleast 10-11 games next year.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lulz.  Makes this trade even worse.  If things go absolutely sour, the Raiders can release him and save $15M but then they traded a FRP AND a SRP for 1 year of Adams.  That $20.5M roster bonus will almost certainly be converted into a signing bonus which makes the savings after 2023 only about $4.7M.  I would have rather have backloaded the contract more normally.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Lulz.  Makes this trade even worse.  If things go absolutely sour, the Raiders can release him and save $15M but then they traded a FRP AND a SRP for 1 year of Adams.  That $20.5M roster bonus will almost certainly be converted into a signing bonus which makes the savings after 2023 only about $4.7M.  I would have rather have backloaded the contract more normally.

It's basically a 3 year deal. How are you seeing 1 lol?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Davante Adams:

Received a 3 year, $67.8M deal ($22.6M APY) Disguised as a 5 year, $140.2M deal ($28M APY) There is zero chance he makes it to years 4 & 5 on the deal - these years are intentionally bloated to artificially boost him up to claim the "highest paid WR" title.

As a Raider fan I'm glad to add Adams but we paid too much draft capital PERIOD! This only makes sense if Carr's contract is discounted (not 50 mil per/next man up) and we are setting up an 'all in' push for 3 years (Super Bowl in Vegas) which makes sense with the AFC West 'arms race' going on. Then in 2025 it's Carr retiring and a full rebuild. If we won a Super Bowl I could see an early retirement and a move to the booth/tv with his brother. 

16 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

This screams like a move to appease fans because they know they can’t compete with the other AFC West powers.

This don’t make any sense, if they knew they couldn’t compete they’d be unloading players and be building for the future. Instead they landed one of the best players in the league to keep up with the moves the rest of the Division has made. 

“Acquiring the best receiver in the NFL is a bad thing ackchually”

- Football’s future.

cap space and picks are being over rated. The Raiders probably looked at what they did with all the picks and cap space from the Khalil Mack trade a few years back and smashed this deal with the Pack.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

I think 3 year $67M is a pretty good deal for Raiders. They will probably extend Carr for 2-3 more years and go all-in during this timespan. If things don't work out, then they'll probably go for a rebuild after 3 years

This. Clearly they think they have some sort of window, they extend Carr, add a couple more pieces and the Raiders will be looking pretty good.