Raiders trade for Davante Adams

TheRealMcCoy

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Packers basically said they aren’t trading him even if he wanted out. Sitting out at 39 isn’t a great idea. 

Brady didn’t wanna play for the Bucs this year. He wanted to play for San Francisco. But Arians and the Bucs Front Office was basically a hard no on it (five first round picks lol). I think Brady’s whole retirement was to try to gain leverage to get off the Bucs. But at the end of the day, he couldn’t sit out a year. 

Where was this ever confirmed? I saw the rumors, but never anything credible to the fact coming from anyone close to him. In fact there were other rumors out there he was headed to Miami with Sean Peyton before the Brian Flores lawsuit came about. 

Brady wouldn't have come back if he didn't want to be here. They're actually working on a contract extension with him currently. 

On 3/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, 43M said:

Im not saying Adams is old, but you cant compare your age to an NFL player in the scope of an NFL career.

29 is pretty young in general.....but for an NFL WR, its about middle age.

31 is young too...but if you were talking about an NFL RB...thats a senior citizen.

Yes I'm aware of that. Plus I just tore my Achilles playing basketball a month ago... I'm nowhere close physically conditioned to what Adams is.

For Adams, 29 is still his prime in terms of physical ability. It really comes down to how many hits you've taken... And yea RBs take a lot of hits. WRs don't (if their QBs don't lead them into nasty hits and they're smart about taking hits from LBs and safeties).

On 3/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, RaisinBran said:

(if their QBs don't lead them into nasty hits and they're smart about taking hits from LBs and safeties).

I do not know about Rodgers with Adams but I have seen Carr set Cooper and Renfrow up for more than a handful of nasty hits.  If we are sending Adams over the middle somebody needs to pull him aside and warn him.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know about Rodgers with Adams but I have seen Carr set Cooper and Renfrow up for more than a handful of nasty hits.  If we are sending Adams over the middle somebody needs to pull him aside and warn him.

If we’re sending Adams over the middle hopefully that means Waller is streaking. This offense is gonna be crazy. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Ya'll will definitely be battling the Broncos for 3rd place in the AFC West.

I don’t understand the hype around the Broncos, I understand it for the chargers but not the broncos. Wilson is the difference between winning and losing? Wilson is a good QB and a great NFC QB. I see the broncos as 4th best in the west again. 

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That's weird because Carr is a really decent QB. I thought he'd be a lot better, but you can certainly win with him as your QB.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's weird because Carr is a really decent QB. I thought he'd be a lot better, but you can certainly win with him as your QB.

He is but sometimes he he puts his WRs in positions to take big hits.  Carr can lock onto a WR so he misses a LB or S coming up to take a kill shot.  

• Like 1

I wasn't the biggest fan of this trade b/c the price was very high and will handcuff us and one point when it comes to money but that's down the line. Can't deny the guy's talent so overall, I was good w/ it. The fact he wants to play here has a great value as well. Since it did set the bar for the WR price fairly high which means Hill will likely leave the division, I'm more of a fan of it now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, opeth0500 said:

I don’t understand the hype around the Broncos, I understand it for the chargers but not the broncos. Wilson is the difference between winning and losing? Wilson is a good QB and a great NFC QB. I see the broncos as 4th best in the west again. 

The Broncos were a real QB away from being a playoff team.  Although he has not play at a top level lately Wilson has been a top 5 QB his entire career.  If he is a top 10 QB again they are easily a playoff team.