Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

11 minutes ago, craig said:

So, we were just barely under the cap with Adams absorbing $20M of it.  

• But let's not think we've now got $20 to spend. 
  • 1st and 2nd round picks bump the cap cost of our draft class. 
  • So the draft class will take up a hunk of that $20. 
  • So will Rasul.  
  • So the amount of discretionary spending for TE, WR, 3rd OLB, DL is still not that much.  

GB current 10 draft picks would be a net cost of $4.2M

draft picks = $12.3M

bumping a top 51 player off the list = $8.1M

1 minute ago, Mr Raider said:

I mean we didn't even have the same HC or GM for more than a couple of weeks before he bought a house in Vegas. Which usually isn't a spur of the moment thing for the amount of money I'm sure he spent on the house. 

I find it hard to believe. And even harder to believe when you factor in the Packers got quite the haul for Adams. If it was a situation you're describing it seems like Adams can leverage it to going to the Raiders for pennies on the dollar instead of a first and a second. 

I would like to thank everyone in the Raider organization that made this happen and would like to personally kiss them all on the lips. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Oh no! He fits what we need in a big way. Let me guess.. you don't like him because he's on TikTok dancing. What a terrible guy

He's at best an average NFL QB.

Hes had 1 overinflated season.. Be who you can afford to be. Let him be tik tok famous. Bring me the guys who want to be football famous, theres plenty. If i have a choice id rather not have the guy selling out to make a brand.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB current 10 draft picks would be a net cost of $4.2M

draft picks = $12.3M

bumping a top 51 player off the list = $8.1M

You have to carry some money into the season for the inevitable injuries and potential move to 'get you over the hump!'

18 minutes ago, craig said:

So, we were just barely under the cap with Adams absorbing $20M of it.  

• But let's not think we've now got $20 to spend. 
  • 1st and 2nd round picks bump the cap cost of our draft class. 
  • So the draft class will take up a hunk of that $20. 
  • So will Rasul.  
  • So the amount of discretionary spending for TE, WR, 3rd OLB, DL is still not that much.  

If the Packers use both their 1st round picks, I’ll riot. Package those to move up and get Garrett Wilson.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Hes had 1 overinflated season.. Be who you can afford to be. Let him be tik tok famous. Bring me the guys who want to be football famous, theres plenty. If i have a choice id rather not have the guy selling out to make a brand.

He's had big Ben throwing him ducks the last few years. Tough to produce when your QB is garbage. I've never seen anything saying he's a bad guy or not a hard worker. Played hurt too. Making a mountain of a mole hill with the TikTok stuff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

He's had big Ben throwing him ducks the last few years. Tough to produce when your QB is garbage. I've never seen anything saying he's a bad guy or not a hard worker. Played hurt too. Making a mountain of a mole hill with the TikTok stuff. 

The Steelers know whats good. If hes not good enough for Tomlin and company I trust their judgement. Not like Trubisky doesnt need someone to throw to.

Also. Of course im being dramatic. It makes posting way more fun.

Edited by HighCalebR

4 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

If the Packers use both their 1st round picks, I’ll riot. Package those to move up and get Garrett Wilson.

You have got to be ****ting me! That would be the worst thing they could do. This is a trade down draft. Especially at 22 and 28 unless a stud EDGE slides. The board is loaded with good 2nd and 3rd round talent, especially at WR. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2