Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

? Why would he be looking for a one year deal?

I would think he'd want a longer deal, but a one year deal in GB as a 1b, or 2a type might wind up making him a bundle best year.  You'd have to think of he could stay healthy his targets would go way up minus Davante. 

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What vet player that would fit the Packers is worth a 1st?

Great question, it would have to be somebody who can come in a have an immediate impact. 

Don't rule out even more of a transition to a power running game.    

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

What vet player that would fit the Packers is worth a 1st?

I don't think there really are any. It would be far more likely to see them move a second or a third if they were going to make a trade (though the WR trading market is likely pretty slim).

I didn't think they would do this tbh but I'm kinda stoked... I preferred to ship both Rodgers and Adams (yeah dark ages whatever, just my opinion, I could be wrong) but my next preferred option was keeping Rodgers without Adams. Obviously this requires adding a couple solid receivers so he can effectively spread the ball around, but if we do that the offense should be much more balanced imo.

Love that Adams trade for us. Cleared ~30M AAV and added 2 premium picks. This is a +EV trade for GB.  

The Cowboys only got a 5th for Amari Cooper (great steal by Cleveland). We got a 1/2 for a dude that didn't want to be here. Huge W for Gutey and the Pack.

The gap between Cooper and Adams is much narrower than the gap in compensation their former teams received.

3 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Love that Adams trade for us. Cleared ~30M AAV and added 2 premium picks. This is a +EV trade for GB.  

The Cowboys only got a 5th for Amari Cooper (great steal by Cleveland). We got a 1/2 for a dude that didn't want to be here. Huge W for Gutey and the Pack.

The gap between Cooper and Adams is much narrower than the gap in compensation their former teams received.

That's fine and all, but the gap between the Rams and Packers just got wider and that's a problem. 

15 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

That's fine and all, but the gap between the Rams and Packers just got wider and that's a problem. 

You know we beat the Rams last year, don't you? They got on a run and won it. It has more to do with the time they got hot than the overall quality of the team. 

They lost Von Miller and their LT. They are going to lose additional players before it is over. They grabbed an aging WR, but Beckham is out for the year next year basically, if he re-signs. They are allegedly looking to trade Robert Woods, who they will likely get a 6th round pick for, if they can move him at all. 

Oh, and they don't have a first-round pick either. 

• Like 2

Field Yates -  Davante Adams' 5-year deal is not only the largest ever for a wide receiver, it's the largest contract for *any* non-QB in NFL history both in terms of average annual value ($28.5M) and total value ($142.5M). A truly massive contract.

4 hours ago, VonKarman said:

So we could have had easily hadsomething like 3 firsts, 3 seconds, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant plus more cap space and we decided to keep Rodgers without Adams.

With no QB. Don't forget that part.