Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

3 years.  $25M.  $13M guaranteed.  You doing that for MVS?

Now, since that is what I want, I'm usually wrong by 30% on these things.  So...

3 years.  $32.5M.  17M guaranteed.  You doing that deal?

(I'm a yes to option 1, no to option 2.)  Just curious.  

Not really, no.  I think it's a fair deal for MVS, but I don't think his skillset is hard to replace.  I think there's just way too much WR depth in this year's class to justify spending big on a WR like MVS.  At least one of Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, or Treylon Burks should be available at 22/28, and I think you could probably get potentially one of those second tiers with our SRP or 3rd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not really, no.  I think it's a fair deal for MVS, but I don't think his skillset is hard to replace.  I think there's just way too much WR depth in this year's class to justify spending big on a WR like MVS.  At least one of Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, or Treylon Burks should be available at 22/28, and I think you could probably get potentially one of those second tiers with our SRP or 3rd.

Thank you.

Are there any WR's on rosters that you think we could trade for?  Say with one of our second round picks or later?

I don't know if he is remotely available, but Keenan Allen would look good to me.

Maybe Claypool, since he has no QB right now.

Cooks?  Guys like that.  I'm a no on DK, just because of what he will want on his next contract.

Curious about guys who could be had that are on rosters versus the FA guys out there.  But they gotta be a clear upgrade from the FA's.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Thank you.

Are there any WR's on rosters that you think we could trade for?  Say with one of our second round picks or later?

I don't know if he is remotely available, but Keenan Allen would look good to me.

Maybe Claypool, since he has no QB right now.

Cooks?  Guys like that.  I'm a no on DK, just because of what he will want on his next contract.

Curious about guys who could be had that are on rosters versus the FA guys out there.  But they gotta be a clear upgrade from the FA's.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of trading a long-term assets for a short-term fix.  I'm not trading a Day 2 pick for an aging WR who is likely only here a year or two.  For a Day 3 pick?  Sure.  But I'm not tradind a Day 2 pick.  Keenan Allen isn't available with the arms race going on in the AFC West.  And don't think the Steelers are trading Claypool even if they lack a QB.  He's only 23 years old.  He'll grow with the QB they draft this year.  Maybe call up Jacksonville and see if they're interested in dealing Marvin Jones?  I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The reasons for not wanting to live in Vegas have more to do with the climate (you are literally living in the desert) than anything else.  But people also choose to live in Arizona.

This. Looked into it prior to both of my last moves. 5 months of 90°+ highs and 5 months of <40° lows. 

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

3 years.  $25M.  $13M guaranteed.  You doing that for MVS?

Now, since that is what I want, I'm usually wrong by 30% on these things.  So...

3 years.  $32.5M.  17M guaranteed.  You doing that deal?

(I'm a yes to option 1, no to option 2.)  Just curious.  

With you, I'm fine with the former, not with the latter.   With the cap climbing in years future, $25/3 isn't bad, and could look like a bargain for a situational #3 WR.  I also feel like he might perhaps outperform that. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Julio knows LaFleur and this system. Bring him in, use 2 picks on WRs and let it roll. The system gets guys open, hopefully Rodgers trusts it.

That's where I am.  Sign Julio Jones and Austin Hooper, and roll with the 2 TE sets after re-signing Tonyan.  If Julio Jones struggles with injuries again, you get your young guys more reps.  If Julio Jones regains his former play, you're getting All-Pro production for cheap.

*IF* MVS is the only FA/trade WR they add, that puts the focus on the draft.  I'd not mind.  There's the narratives that rookie WR don't produce league-wide, and that Rodgers in particular won't throw to them. 

• My feeling is that *IF* you bring in two rookie WR who are drafted variably high, that might actually work out best.  You get good talent that will last for a while; maybe you hit on BOTH, and in a blink WR goes from awful to excellent. 
  • And given the other guys in the room, perhaps two electric talents get snaps, get targets, make plays, and Rodgers enjoys that very much and does it some more. 
  • I also feel that Gute's not going to spend high picks on lazy, raw dummies.  If a guy goes high, he's going to be perceived as smart and motivated.  
  • Last year the story on Stokes was that he was raw and unready.  But he was fast, fun, motivated, and in no time he was terrific.  Stokes wasn't starting or getting all the snaps in September; but my November he'd earned then all.  I'd love to see that kind of story with one or two WR.  

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm only in on a 1 year deal for MVS.  Rather get burned by him playing well than chase the dragon on him

That could be fine, too.  Something maybe structured kinda like King's deal, low cap hit for this year?

I'm kind of OK to roll with however Gute wants to play this.