Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

If the rumors are true and Seattle is trying for Baker… I doubt they are going to trade DK and or Lockett.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

I would think SEA could get by with a straight picks for the player deal - no players (other than Baker) involved. 

The Seahawks will head into the draft with eight picks:

• Round 1, No. 9 overall (from Broncos)
  • Round 2, No. 40 overall (from Broncos)
  • Round 2, No. 41 overall
  • Round 3, No. 72 overall
  • Round 4, No. 109 overall (from Jets)
  • Round 5, No. 145 overall (from Broncos)
  • Round 5, No. 153 overall
  • Round 7, No. 229 overall

Should be interesting but I think the best you do is maybe a 3rd this year and a conditional 2nd next year based on how he does it could become a first. 

Don't know how an organization can trade for him and give him a big contract at this point. If there is an organization I'd love to see do it, it's Seattle. 

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Don't know how an organization can trade for him and give him a big contract at this point. If there is an organization I'd love to see do it, it's Seattle. 

That's why I was saying I think SEA could simply swap draft picks for the player - and not send players as well. Baker's market is down at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, people love Randall Cobb because they know his name. 

Nah people love Randall Cobb because he's a great human.  Humble unassuming intelligent hard not to love him. As far as Beasley UDFA and carved out a nice career for himself.  You know sometime people like to pull for the underdog.  He was pretty damn good with Dallas. Put up some decent numbers with Buffalo too.  Don't hate the player.  We don't need another slot.  Pass...

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah people love Randall Cobb because he's a great human.  Humble unassuming intelligent hard not to love him. As far as Beasley UDFA and carved out a nice career for himself.  You know sometime people like to pull for the underdog.  He was pretty damn good with Dallas. Put up some decent numbers with Buffalo too.  Don't hate the player.  We don't need another slot.  Pass...

I will never understand where you pull these player characterizations from.

As far as Beasley? He's got a lower career yards per target than any of our receivers that played real snaps last year. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I will never understand where you pull these player characterizations from.

As far as Beasley? He's got a lower career yards per target than any of our receivers that played real snaps last year. 

Do you ever bother to watch the pressers?  Guess not.  All you have to do is listen.  I'm not going to bother pulling up stats.  Beasley has been productive both in Dallas and Buffalo.  Go look for yourself.  Pretty nice career for an UDFA. 

54 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He likes to race bait...just ignore him.

Unfortunately people do that. It was not here, but on other message boards, I was freaking out like **** every time someone posted "He reminds me a lot of Wes Welker" when they were trying to analyze X WRs, just because they were white. Wes Welker is as much of an X as I am. Ridiculous.

Edited by Gravedigger93

14 minutes ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Unfortunately people do that. It was not here, but on other message boards, I was freaking out like **** every time someone posted "He reminds me a lot of Wes Welker" when they were trying to analyze X WRs, just because they were white. Wes Welker is as much of an X as I am. Ridiculous.

Wait, so Jordy Nelson and Wes Welker are different people?

Keanu Reeves GIF

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So the key here was 'Vante not signing that franchise offer, right?

Because that makes sense.  As does the other part of your explanation.  Thank you.

No, it's the opposite. While he's tagged but not signed he can negotiate and sign an offer sheet, if GB doesn't match then they get the 2 FRPs.

In this case Davante, GB and Oakland negotiated the deal and once it was in place the only possible procedure is for Davante to sign the tag, get traded, then sign his extension / new deal with Oakland.