Was going after Deshaun Watson the right thing to do? !Poll!

brownie man

Was going after Deshaun Watson the right thing to do?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand

• Yes trying to trade for Deshaun was the right thing to do
    • No we should have never went after Deshaun at all

I’d like to get some clarity from the community on their stance on the subject. 

There’s a lot of complaining going on because of the current situation our team is in. 

Even though it didn’t work I’d like to know what side of the fence everyone is on.

Did the Browns do the right thing trying to go after Deshaun Watson?

As you know I think so absolutely. He’s the better player. He’d be a clear upgrade over Baker. That’s the bottom line. When you own a team and run a team you do it to win as many Superbowls as you can. Deshaun Watson would give up a better opportunity to do that than our current QB. With this roster ready to win now I believe this was the right move even it doesn’t look like we’ll get him. 

I’d like to know clearly who is on the side that this was not the right move. 

Edited by brownie man

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That’s not the question 

I already voted. NO for Watson. I am fine with them shipping Baker had they done it differently, but I wish they'd have just run it back Year 5 and let everyone have closure. 

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

No.

There was never a chance that Watson would waive his NTC to come to Cleveland, and the effort alienated half the fanbase and likely half the team.

Colossal self own by the organization. 

Yep, this

And Not just because it didnt work out.

Watson is a better QB right now, based on what has happened....but I dont think that Mayfield is Chopped Liver, NOR has he hit is plateau as far as development.....so is Watson better than Mayfield....yes....can you go the Playoff with Both....yes....can BOTH win Playoffs game....YES.....

Knowing this, is Watson better than Mayfield + Chubb + Ward + 3 1rst round picks......F*&%# NO!!!!!

If he wasn't a serial sexual predator I'd have been ok with the move. I would have hoped the team would have handled it in a smarter way, but I've got no problem trying to upgrade each and every position, especially the most important one where there have been more questions than answers over the last 4 years. But, since the dude we went after makes Big Ben look like a choirboy, I voted no.

A lot of the fan base didn't want anything to do with Watson so as a fan's opinion I don't think it was a good idea. Football opinion may be different but there is still a lot to weigh like his upcoming suspension, whether he learns from what he says wasn't a mistake or if he feels he was innocent in what he did why not continue to do it.

If you did do it, do it under the radar. See if there is a shot in hell before going all out prior to failing. Also if you want to come back to Baker don't tell Mort you are moving on whether you land Watson or not because you need an adult at QB.

• Like 1

To respond to the original question....

No.

To be followed by a

HELL No.

In case I am still not clear

F**K NO!!!

When are you finally penalized for being a narcissistic, egotistical son of a b###h - and when are finally rewarded for being a solid caring citizen?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Not a good move at all and my hunch is Watson learned nothing. He missed a year and now he’s getting his way and dictates who he gets to play and make millions for. 

He didn't play for a year but he was paid for the full year and hasn't had any league punishment. Also he requested a trade prior to all of the allegations (IIRC) so he may not have played last year regardless of the sexual assault claims.

• Like 1