Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

So many "Super Bowl or Bust" Moves from teams.
Wilson to the Broncos
Miller to Bills
Mack/ Jackson to Chargers
Brady coming back
Rams reloading

And others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

But only one will work and the rest will be a "bust?" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Wilson to the Broncos
Miller to Bills
Brady coming back
Rams reloading

A lot will bust because there can only be 1 winner.

There is going to be a team in the AFCW that misses the playoffs that would probably win 3 other divisions in the NFL next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is going to be a team in the AFCW that misses the playoffs that would probably win 3 other divisions in the NFL next year.

Very true.

A fan base is going to be very disappointed. 

Could you imagine the rage if like the Vikings (not knocking the Vikings) but if they won. Just slow and steady'n it through the season with a new coach 10-7. 
Good running game, Cousins gets hot, Jefferson balls out. lol

A team that didn't make major Earth shaking moves, won it all.

Oh, forgot about the Raiders going all in for Adams. 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Wilson to the Broncos
Miller to Bills
Brady coming back
Rams reloading

Its going to be very interesting for sure....    You did forget the Raiders who grabbed Chandler Jones and Devante Adams

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Rooting for Herbert...someday the Chargers will cash in on those almost like 18 years of dark horse picks

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

NFL runs in cycles, has for decades. This might be the AFCW time that's all. Been awhile.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Rooting for Herbert...someday the Chargers will cash in on those almost like 18 years of dark horse picks

Eventually they have to. They have been the trendy team for every major sports network to pick in their preseason rankings since I was in college back in the 2000s

They are like Michigan. Every year it seems like they finish with 2-3 losses and every following year they are somehow ranked in the top 10 to start the year. Like...how does this keep happening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

NFL runs in cycles, has for decades. This might be the AFCW time that's all. Been awhile.

Could be, but all 4 teams are setup for the next 7+ years. They have 3 of the top 7 QBs in the NFL and 4 of the top 12. 

IDK if Ive ever seen that before

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Could be, but all 4 teams are setup for the next 7+ years. They have 3 of the top 7 QBs in the NFL and 4 of the top 12. 

Injuries occur, players leave, a lot can change and typically does every couple of seasons.

But yes, it's will be unfortunate they all have to fight amongst themselves 6x a year. While the NFCE didn't have the star power at QB like the above, they for almost a decade (late 80's, early 90's) beat the hell out of each other 6x a year. 

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if like the NFCS/NFCE for years the AFCW rarely has B2B Division winners most of this decade.

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah im going to have to issue a f- on your comment. Many NFL guys give away more in a year than you will ever do in your entire life. 

Most are good people

Thing is we don’t know really and truly. I would assume that majority are normal, regular citizens. But why I really don’t know and don’t really care. Why waste time trying to answer that question? Like this situation with Watson, I really don’t know what happened. None of us do. Yes on the surface it’s damning but If he’s not convicted and was not found guilty of anything (while understanding he still got a civil case) then he should be allowed to pursue his career. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Thing is we don’t know really and truly. I would assume that majority are normal, regular citizens. But why I really don’t know and don’t really care. Why waste time trying to answer that question? Like this situation with Watson, I really don’t know what happened. None of us do. Yes on the surface it’s damning but If he’s not convicted and was not found guilty of anything (while understanding he still got a civil case) then he should be allowed to pursue his career. 

I sincerely doubt any reasonable person would argue otherwise. He is allowed to do whatever he wants going forward and he is a free man.

The NFL will likely give him a punishment and a lot of people will still support him. A lot of people will refuse to support him as well. Life goes on regardless of how people feel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Allen, Jackson, Prescott, Stafford, Burrow(11)

And then Carr. Sheesh 4 of the top 12 is insane, that division is going to be amazing to watch.