Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m with ya so far

Where are you getting this?

100%

I mean, if he’s healthy and playing, it won’t.  He’s a legit franchise QB.

People are projecting their feelings of him as a person onto him as a player, but he’s a stud on the field, hard stop.

POS off of it though for sure.

He's had one amazeballs season and the team went 4-12. His other 2 seasons were on par with 2020 Baker. 

He's undoubtably a stud and a hell of a player. Its an all in win now move. If the results aren't there in next 1-2 years I think its going to get dicey because we know he's a quitter and we know he gets everything he signed for regardless of where he plays. 

Say Browns go 7-10 because he misses 10 games and then flame out in 1 playoff game. Why stay? The supporting cast will be getting worse without picks or cap space. He didn't  want to play here until we offered him an incredibly stupid deal and its not like signing a deal will force him to stay. He already quit on texans after signing a deal. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

He's had one amazeballs season and the team went 4-12. His other 2 seasons were on par with 2020 Baker. 

He's undoubtably a stud and a hell of a player. Its an all in win now move. If the results aren't there in next 1-2 years I think its going to get dicey because we know he's a quitter and we know he gets everything he signed for regardless of where he plays. 

Say Browns go 7-10 because he misses 10 games and then flame out in 1 playoff game. Why stay? The supporting cast will be getting worse without picks or cap space. He didn't  want to play here until we offered him an incredibly stupid deal and its not like signing a deal will force him to stay. He already quit on texans after signing a deal. 

I mean, at this point you’re just assuming the worst case scenario possible happens. In that situation, sure it’s sucks. 

But I’m not sure how you want me to rationally discuss what happens when he requests a trade after playing 8 games because we didn’t make a playoff run?

On the flip side, what happens if it doesn’t implode in the worst possible way imaginable?  We’re a better team.  He’s a better player than Baker.

As far as the cap, look around the league.  The Saints have been in “cap hell” for like a solid decade and still managed to make a run at Watson and still have one of the more talented rosters.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, at this point you’re just assuming the worst case scenario possible happens. In that situation, sure it’s sucks. 

But I’m not sure how you want me to rationally discuss what happens when he requests a trade after playing 8 games because we didn’t make a playoff run?

On the flip side, what happens if it doesn’t implode in the worst possible way imaginable?  We’re a better team.  He’s a better player than Baker.

As far as the cap, look around the league.  The Saints have been in “cap hell” for like a solid decade and still managed to make a run at Watson and still have one of the more talented rosters.

No worries 

If deshaun wins while throwing to

Dpj and Shwartz and cooper I will step up and say congratulations. 

But this team lost 

Obj 

Landry

Tretter

Hooper

Clowney 

And Harrison 

Sense we last won a playoff game

So pardon Me if I am flat out worried.

Plus Ravens can draft Jordan davis

And ojabo 

Pardon me if I worry trotting out jacoby Brissett against that defense.

10 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

No worries 

If deshaun wins while throwing to

Dpj and Shwartz and cooper I will step up and say congratulations. 

But this team lost 

Obj 

Landry

Tretter

Hooper

Clowney 

And Harrison 

Sense we last won a playoff game

So pardon Me if I am flat out worried.

Plus Ravens can draft Jordan davis

And ojabo 

Pardon me if I worry trotting out jacoby Brissett against that defense.

No worries Mike, you’re pardoned.

Just now, bruceb said:

He has been to 3 pro bowls for reasons.

I hate even defending this clown, nor do I care to make it sound like I’m crapping on Baker because I think he’s had a ton of organizational adversity in 4 years, but Watson is a better player.

He’s more consistent, has a higher ceiling, lower floor, is an actual dual threat with the ball, turns the ball over less, etc.

Maybe that changes moving forward, but right now it’s hard to argue between the two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Bakers been here 4 years and had 4 different head coaches

• Hue 1-31 Jackson
  • The guy who got suspended for a bounty program
  • Freddie Kitchens, who was somehow considerably worse than Hue
  • Stefanski who to his credit seems smart and organized. Its a shame everyone on the team hates him though

Acting like Baker is the unstable one is wild. The Browns are a toxic poop hole of a franchise. Baker gave us our 3 best seasons we've had of my lifetime until he was clearly injured. 

But hey, the rapist quitter will fix everything. 

This is destined for spectacular failure and I cannot wait to watch it happen. The ownership deserves it, Watson deserves it, the front office and coaches deserve it, and lots of the fans deserve it too. 

You the man molsen golden 

• Like 1