Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

7 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I remember the good ole days where we made fun of Ravens fans for being irrational homers when we saw the video of Ray Rice dragging his unconscious wife out of an elevator and they said 'maybe she passed out of had a seizure in there' 

Its unfortunate many fans have the same philosophy. 

I'm personally rooting for a 2 year suspensions. Browns deserve it. Watson deserves it too but hey he doesnt get hurt at all because we structured the contact so he has rape insurance. 

The wild thing is, I don’t think the Browns did anything other than what is considered the norm for the league. There were a half dozen other teams ready to trade for him, we just put the most palatable package together for the Texans. If all 31 other teams needed a QB, I’d be shocked if more than one or two wouldn’t have made an offer.

I can wrap my head around it from a football perspective.  From a GM’s perspective of trying to improve the team and keep his job.  Same for a coach.  I can understand why an owner would want a player like Watson as part of his franchise.

All that said, I don’t understand the need by some to try to defend his actions. It’s gross.

Also, I’d very much appreciate it if the whole “tough, smart and accountable” phrase was never uttered again by the organization.  Just stop, you sound like clowns. “Just win baby” should be just fine.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The wild thing is, I don’t think the Browns did anything other than what is considered the norm for the league. There were a half dozen other teams ready to trade for him, we just put the most palatable package together for the Texans. If all 31 other teams needed a QB, I’d be shocked if more than one or two wouldn’t have made an offer.

I can wrap my head around it from a football perspective.  From a GM’s perspective of trying to improve the team and keep his job.  Same for a coach.  I can understand why an owner would want a player like Watson as part of his franchise.

All that said, I don’t understand the need by some to try to defend his actions. It’s gross.

Also, I’d very much appreciate it if the whole “tough, smart and accountable” phrase was never uttered again by the organization.  Just stop, you sound like clowns. “Just win baby” should be just fine.

Like I said a business decision that improves his net worth by 20 percent. 

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Fwiw we do champion Jim Brown…… I love Jim and he is one of the All time great’s but he also wasn’t the best guy

I feel about him about the same way I do O.J.

Great football players.

Also, murderer and woman beater. No respect for either on a human level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Browns fan hoping the team gets a more severe punishment. That's certainly something I guess.

More severe than what?

I don't think most want him suspended longer than what he should be when compared to past suspensions.

Me, on the other hand, will watch every game Watson doesn't start so yeah I'd like to see it be all year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Fwiw we do champion Jim Brown…… I love Jim and he is one of the All time great’s but he also wasn’t the best guy

A lot of those old timers are like that. If they weren’t smacking women around they were raging racists. 

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I feel about him about the same way I do O.J.

Great football players.

Also, murderer and woman beater. No respect for either on a human level.

Yep.  And the idea of “well, we supported guys who behaved poorly before we might as well now” is…. whew. 

It’s ok to appreciate their talents and also realize they aren’t role models or even decent humans.

And imo there’s no need to focus on those dudes when you have guys like Myles, Chubb, etc who seem like genuinely good people.  I’ll buy my kids their jerseys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  And the idea of “well, we supported guys who behaved poorly before we might as well now” is…. whew. 

It’s ok to appreciate their talents and also realize they aren’t role models or even decent humans.

And imo there’s no need to focus on those dudes when you have guys like Myles, Chubb, etc who seem like genuinely good people.  I’ll buy my kids their jerseys.

I’ll buy any of my kids a Chubb jersey. He’s my favorite Brown ever aside from maybe JT. He’s a class act, quiet, does his job, and he’s awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

Browns fan hoping the team gets a more severe punishment. That's certainly something I guess.

Excellent post 

But the league has to be watching

Bernie Kosar saying Mayfield was the. 

Browns best qb

Burrows sighting his own record

Plus Jim Thome wife calling them out

The eagles are circling the 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll buy any of my kids a Chubb jersey. He’s my favorite Brown ever aside from maybe JT. He’s a class act, quiet, does his job, and he’s awesome.

Yeah I got a Browns Chubbs jersey. I bought it with some winnings from winning my fantasy league. 

I’d definitely recommend copping one. I think I’m going to get the alternate Denzel during the season. 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Steelers fans wouldn't agree lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I mean the 2 fanbases giving the Browns the most crap right now spent 10+ years glorifying a alleged rapist and the other one a murderer just because they were 2 HOFers.

If history is any indication then that shows me as long as you are a really good player (like Watson), people will get their frustration out for a year and then forgive/forget once he is leading you into the playoffs.