“The most toxic environment I’ve ever been a part of” - Inside the Urban Meyer fiasco

.Buzz

Man i feel for jags fans a little bit. They were on top of the world for a month or two when Meyer was announced and they had just picked Lawrence, then that football thing happened and everything crashed back down to earth. 

Hopefully Lawrence can take a big step up this year with Pederson and co.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charles said:

How did Urban ever succeed at the college level?  I mean, the level of failure here is just awe inspiring.   This has to be a glitch in the matrix right?

Exactly!  That's what I keep wondering after reading this.  I was excited about the hire because I don't follow college football and just knew that he won a lot.  He was also Tim Tebow's coach, so that was a small feather in his cap for me.  The things in this article, and some of the clueless things he said in press conferences last season make me wonder how he ever won anything on the college level.  About the only thing it seems like he is "good" at is convincing talented high school prospects to come and play for his college program.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, that’s what I was gonna say. I assume that there’s a racism element there too, but also clearly having no clue about where your own QB, who was also the highest profile player in college football for the last two and a half years, is from is just like inexcusably bad.

We’re reaching levels of incompetence that would be panned if they were in a movie for being too unrealistic.

it's also just kind of a context thing. like, we know from player interviews that mike vrabel zings his guys all the time lol. if i heard that he said something like this i wouldn't honestly be surprised, but i think it would also be very clear that it's a joke, and in general guys go to war for vrabel because they know he's on their side. when you treat people like urban does, you absolutely do not have the latitude to say stuff like that even if it was a joke- precisely because he's such an ******* that it's not clear that it's a joke at all lol.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's certainly weird that he said "these boys from the south" to Trevor Lawrence, who went to HS in Georgia and college in Clemson. Lawrence doesn't have a super heavy southern accent, but that's a weird comment.

I think we can infer what he meant. Qwhite interesting in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

What? Can you explain how Mike Vrabel isn't a standup guy?

I mean i dont really blame him too much but he was really salty about getting traded with Matt Cassel. Chiefs were a dumpster fire and he was sold from a dynasty for cap space. We needed a player coach and he really wasnt at that point in his career yet.

His exit was less than graceful from KC, DUI in Ohio in the offseason, and said some lets just say not so classy things about the Chiefs on his way out.

i still dont think he likes Belicheck all that much even to this day.

Edited by Chiefer