DC Movie Universe

devils1854

21 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I thought there was reports that he was playing Nightwing, that’s the only thing that throws me.

Maybe that is/was the plan, but the Flash is a much more prominent character, especially if they are going to build towards another Justice League.

I would love DOB as Nightwing too, but since that hasnt been announced and Nightwing isnt even a part of the DCEU yet, I feel like they could slide Dylan as the new Flash, and search for a new Nightwing.

I have no idea what will happen....I just want Ezra Miller gone....and only partly because he is a sociopath off camera.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Maybe that is/was the plan, but the Flash is a much more prominent character, especially if they are going to build towards another Justice League.

I would love DOB as Nightwing too, but since that hasnt been announced and Nightwing isnt even a part of the DCEU yet, I feel like they could slide Dylan as the new Flash, and search for a new Nightwing.

I have no idea what will happen....I just want Ezra Miller gone....and only partly because he is a sociopath off camera.

like i thought they had him in the Batgirl movie already, thats what reports said.
But probably not the case. Suppose they could easily swap him if it were a few scenes.

Is the Flash bigger though? Feel like the love of the batman side of the universe is so disproportionate that his supporting characters rise up to the level of a lot of the JL members.

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

like i thought they had him in the Batgirl movie already, thats what reports said.
But probably not the case. Suppose they could easily swap him if it were a few scenes.

Is the Flash bigger though? Feel like the love of the batman side of the universe is so disproportionate that his supporting characters rise up to the level of a lot of the JL members.

I meant Flash is more important to the grand scheme if they are pushing for another JL movie eventually. 

In terms of popularity, its hard to say.   Id probably wager to say that Flash is more popular, but it might not be a huge disparity.

Either way, I hope they bring DOB in for something.    He could work for either character, so I dont mind.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 43M said:

I meant Flash is more important to the grand scheme if they are pushing for another JL movie eventually. 

In terms of popularity, its hard to say.   Id probably wager to say that Flash is more popular, but it might not be a huge disparity.

Either way, I hope they bring DOB in for something.    He could work for either character, so I dont mind.

Ah yeah for that, definitely the Flash then. Though they are about to blow their load on flashpoint this early, though clearly needed.

I wonder if they have any plans for Titans in the films. Usually they are fairly adverse to double dipping. Many silly examples of that over the years. But that would elevate Grayson.

Flash show probably raised things for Barry I guess.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

They are pushing for another JL movie? How? They don't have Batman or Superman.

So I finally got around to checking out Gunn Squad on HBO Max last night.

It was solid, even if extremely underwhelming.       It was certainly better than  Ayer Squad.     

1) Idris Elba was fine, but felt so wasted on such a generic, unknown, likely one-off character.      Couldve made a great Jon Stewart GL, or hell, even Lex Luthor he wouldve been cool.    Same with Nathan Fillion.   Dude is such a huge comic fan and wouldve made a perfect Hal Jordan, even if it was an older Hal Jordan.....but you have him play some unknown hero who dies within 5 minutes.    Typical WB garbage.

2) I cant stress enough how much I enjoyed watching that complete D bag Pete Davidson get his face blown off.    I couldnt have finished the movie if he had been in the whole thing.

3) Cena was much better than I thought he would be....but in the end, it was still Cena, with his horribly cheesy and awkward acting and line delivery.    But somehow, it fit the character.    He is a pretty bad actor, though.    Still, I might try to watch Peacemaker.

4) I liked Harley Quinn in this more than previous movies.     Partially because, unlike the previous two movies, this one wasnt complete dog ****....but it also seemed as Robbie found some middle ground for how to play Harley.    Previously iterations she felt way to cartoonish and annoying for me.   This one wasnt perfect, but I felt it was solid. 

5) King Shark and Ratcatcher were my favorite characters.

6) Viola Davis is perfect as Amanda Waller.   It would be cool if there was a HBO DC series where she had a recurring role.    I hated the CW version of Waller.

7)  The story was pretty stupid and messy, but whatever.

8.) The action scenes were actually pretty dope.    I wish they would do more R rated stuff with comic movies.

9) As with alot of comedy in DCEU movies, alot of it felt really off the mark.    There were some legit funny parts, at least, but some of the stuff with Harley and stuff at the beginning wasnt funny.    They need to stop trying to force actors who arent that funny (Ezra Miller, Jesse Eisenberg, Margot Robbie) into comedic situations.      Ezra was painful....Lex never shouldve been written like that....and while Harley Quinn can be funny, Robbie just doesnt delivery on that front.    She is better when wreaking havoc.

Overall, a decent 6 or 6.5 outta 10.    Enjoyable enough.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

3) Cena was much better than I thought he would be....but in the end, it was still Cena, with his horribly cheesy and awkward acting and line delivery.    But somehow, it fit the character.    He is a pretty bad actor, though.    Still, I might try to watch Peacemaker.

I'd recommend going ahead and trying Peacemaker, it was better than Gunn Squad.  It hits a few bumps early on but then finds its groove. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed this.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 43M said:

6) Viola Davis is perfect as Amanda Waller.   It would be cool if there was a HBO DC series where she had a recurring role.    I hated the CW version of Waller.

From a week ago:

https://gizmodo.com/the-suicide-squads-amanda-waller-might-get-her-own-spin-1848875839 

The newest project may be a series about Machiavellian ARGUS director and emotionless Task Force X (aka the Suicide Squad) overseer Amanda Waller, with Viola Davis returning to play the character.

Variety reported the news that HBO was looking for a Peacemaker spin-off after the critical success and positive reception of the TV series as well as James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad, both of which featured Davis as Waller. (She was also in the less successful, less positively received Suicide Squad movie in 2016.) According to Variety’s sources, “Exact plot details are mostly under wraps at this point, but sources say the show will build off of Waller’s appearance at the end of the Suicide Squad spinoff series Peacemaker.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like things are already looking up under the new WB leadership. Unfortunately, the damage to the greater DCEU is already done thanks to the idiots previously running things, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Looks like things are already looking up under the new WB leadership. Unfortunately, the damage to the greater DCEU is already done thanks to the idiots previously running things, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

Why would he want to return with how they treated him and how messy the DCEU is?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:26 AM, 43M said:

Peacemaker is better than suicide squad imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Why would he want to return with how they treated him and how messy the DCEU is?

I think @KManX89 is inferring that the idea that Cavil seems willing to come back knowing that he left due to the studios poor handling of the property suggests that from what he has seen and/or been told thus far after the shake up makes him think they are going in the right direction. 

• Like 1