Top 5 teams you're most excited to watch in 2022

notthatbluestuff

Outside of the Raiders, the teams I'm most looking forward to watching this season:

• 49ers - Very interested in seeing how Trey Lance looks (assuming he starts) and if he's really the piece that can get them over the hump. 

• Dolphins (sorry @notthatbluestuff) - I'm not a huge fan of Tua but they've done a great job of building the offense around him and McDaniels is an excellent offensive mind. Will be interesting to see how things pan out for them. 

• Browns - How will Deshaun Watson look with them and is he the piece that can potentially get them over the top? 

• Giants - Can they improve their OL, is there hope for DJ, can Daboll finally get it together for them?

• Chargers - They've made a bunch of good moves, will Herbert elevate to another level and take them into contender status?

• Like 1

I want to watch Niners and put an end of the new age QB, once and for all. Lance IMO is going to prove it take more than physical attribute to play QB in the NFL

Every year we are going to get a small college hero that runs a 40 in 2 second and throws it 500 hundred yards and hear from so call expert he the next NFL GOD!!!

Jordan Love, Tray Lance and now Malik Willis . Willis might be the biggest bust of them all!!  How did they scout him. Did they watch 2nd team-ers at Auburn or did he show out playing against powerhouse college such as  " Who give a crap U. " Or was it the SR bowl and his running game!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

I want to watch Niners and put an end of the new age QB, once and for all. Lance IMO is going to prove it take more than physical attribute to play QB in the NFL

Every year we are going to get a small college hero that runs a 40 in 2 second and throws it 500 hundred yards and hear from so call expert he the next NFL GOD!!!

Jordan Love, Tray Lance and now Malik Willis . Willis might be the biggest bust of them all!!  How did they scout him. Did they watch 2nd team-ers at Auburn or did he show out playing against powerhouse college such as  " Who give a crap U. " Or was it the SR bowl and his running game!!!

What did Josh Allen do to you? 

• Like 2

The Bengals went from 4 wins to 10 and the 49ers from 6 wins to 10. The situational arrow is pointing downward, no matter what it looks like from a personnel standpoint.

That would also be true of the Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, and Falcons. 

Teams on the situational uptick are the Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Seahawks, and Saints.

If you play that blindly every year you come out way ahead. Obviously there is always subjective nitpicking. The concept flies over the head of those who think they have to apply opinion and details to everything.

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

They could've taken a below average QB like Mac Jones.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of the Raiders, the teams I'm most looking forward to watching this season:

• 49ers - Very interested in seeing how Trey Lance looks (assuming he starts) and if he's really the piece that can get them over the hump. 

• Dolphins (sorry @notthatbluestuff) - I'm not a huge fan of Tua but they've done a great job of building the offense around him and McDaniels is an excellent offensive mind. Will be interesting to see how things pan out for them. 

• Browns - How will Deshaun Watson look with them and is he the piece that can potentially get them over the top? 

• Giants - Can they improve their OL, is there hope for DJ, can Daboll finally get it together for them?

• Chargers - They've made a bunch of good moves, will Herbert elevate to another level and take them into contender status?

The Giants?

Over It Eye Roll GIF

• Like 2

49ers, 49ers, 49ers, 49ers, and 49ers.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886j8e1ibbwachdiye4o0

I am excited to see what the Dolphins do as I think they are going to be making a strong push for the playoffs if their D can maintain their play. 

The entire AFC West should be fun to watch this year as well with the big time additions in that division. I’ve kind of enjoyed watching the Chargers from a far since they drafted Herbert and the same can be said for Joe Burrow in the Bengals.

As a Niner fan, the team I’m probably most excited to watch is the Seahawks after the beatings they’ve put on us over the last decade. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zsl5f20ve1v841q55t

*I’m kind of kidding about the Seahawks

Edited by GW21

My top 5 in no order:

Raiders- they added Adams, McDaniels gets another shot, they overachieved last year. Ready to see what they can do without the drama. 

Vikings- They're a solid enough roster. We've seen McVay's tree bear fruit already in Cincinnati. Can O'Connell maximize one of the league's better arsenals? 

Bills- Been fun for a few years now. Can they get over the hump? 

Lions- I thought they looked better than they should have by the end of the season. If they haven't emptied their bag of tricks, they could be a fun watch, win or lose. 

Denver- The narrative has been "a QB away" for a couple of seasons. They got one now, and an offensive minded HC to boot. Sort of like the Lions, partly because the AFCW looks so loaded, they should be a fun watch, win or lose. 

Bottom 5:

Giants, Panthers, Bears, Seahawks, Pittsburgh

I just see a lot of ugly football in their immediate future, without many potential X factors that could make things interesting. 

The Giants seem stuck in limbo, a bad limbo. 

The Panthers are injury prone and Darnold is painful to watch. 

The Bears have more or less lost their weapons and seem like they're accepting a rebuild that they probably thought they had the overall talent to initially avoid. 

The Seahawks just feel bland. 

Pittsburgh's D could be fun to watch, but the offense just feels like it's been stuck in neutral and they haven't seemed to find answers yet. 

Other potential disasters like the Jets or Texans are fun to watch, if only to see how bad it can get. 

5 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

What did Josh Allen do to you? 

Oh my, You got me the one in a million QB that worked. How about I list the QBs that failed because of some expert raved about his physical skills.  Just Tom Brady asking!!!!

Hey is that Giovanni Carmazzi !!!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They could've taken a below average QB like Mac Jones.

Your right and save themself what 100 picks!!!!

You might not like Jones, that fine but you know deep down Lance is a bust that's why you attacked Jones because that who they should of picked!!!

I can't wait for the excuses why Jimmy G wasn't traded by the Niners.   Talk about a sheep show.  Come on defend not trading him. While you do that remember the WST TRADED FOR WENTZ.  SF couldn't find a trade partner.

Ya and I have a Golden Gate for sale!

• Like 1

Ready for McDaniels' mad scientist run game for the Dolphins. And pretty exciting when your 4.3 WR is not the fast WR on the team. 

Gonna be nice seeing Burrow get some O-line protection in Cincinnati. 

DEFCON 4 in the AFC West nuclear arms race will be interesting to see play out. 

Hope the Cards and Colts turn around their awful collapses from last season. 

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, last year sucked...

Gotta give Buffalo's medical and conditioning teams props- they're consistently near the lowest on the list when it comes to injuries. It's been that way for a few years, so it seems be becoming a trend rather than a stroke of luck.