Absolutely not surprising: Commanders in potential trouble again

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

If Snyder makes it out of this one with minimal punishment, he’s Teflon. However, I don’t think this will be the case…

You can do pretty much anything you want as an owner (as Snyder has proven over and over again) but taking money from other owners’ pockets? Oh, that’s an unforgivable sin in the eyes of other owners.

I’m going to guess that the other owners will force Snyder out by Summer, before TC comes up - they’ll create a special committee to vet potential owners (Bezos has to be at the top of that list) and “strongly encourage” Bezos to agree to the best offer. Snyder walks away with several billion (minus whatever fines he’ll have to pay for this incident) NFL gets him out of their club, everyone walks away happy.

"We can excuse human trafficking, sex abuse, and being a tool, but we draw the line at withholding money from the rich." NFL owners probably 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

"We can excuse human trafficking, sex abuse, and being a tool, but we draw the line at withholding money from the rich." NFL owners probably 

He's already in trouble for the sexual abuse / harassment / toxic culture. This is just more on top like sneaking in a toilet licker after you faked your vax card.

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Exactly. That’s all that really matters, not putting your shekels in the pot. Everything else is good for a headline and click to the other 30 guys.

• Like 2

We poke a lot of fun at the disaster that is Washington and Daniel Snyder, and I am happy to throw my hat in the ring at my own misfortune, but it's been an incredibly terrible and heavy 20+ years as a fan of this team. I can't imagine what my grandfather - the biggest Washington fan I ever knew that I used to watch games with evey Sunday - would be thinking about the state of it. Thankfully for him, he passed away about 2 years into Snyder's ownership. 

The jokes help, but this truly has been a rough go. I hope all of these leaks lead to Snyder's eventual usurp. You would see an incredible parade in DC, I guarantee it. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

We poke a lot of fun at the disaster that is Washington and Daniel Snyder, and I am happy to throw my hat in the ring at my own misfortune, but it's been an incredibly terrible and heavy 20+ years as a fan of this team. I can't imagine what my grandfather - the biggest Washington fan I ever knew that I used to watch games with evey Sunday - would be thinking about the state of it. Thankfully for him, he passed away about 2 years into Snyder's ownership. 

The jokes help, but this truly has been a rough go. I hope all of these leaks lead to Snyder's eventual usurp. You would see an incredible parade in DC, I guarantee it. 

Dude, I can't even imagine. We've had long periods of losing but could always depend on classy, if misguided, ownership. If Snyder does go, I'll be celebrating too. That guy makes our whole division look bad.

5 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Dude, I can't even imagine. We've had long periods of losing but could always depend on classy, if misguided, ownership. If Snyder does go, I'll be celebrating too. That guy makes our whole division look bad.

He actually poured sewage water on his fans (pipe burst) and the rest of the NFL was like, "yeah, just more of the same from him"

• Like 1

Since realignment that team has finished 3rd or 4th in the division 16 out of 20 years.

One of their 3 first place finishes was the 7-9 king of the dumpster 2020.

They have 1 playoff win since realignment. It was beating Chris Simms 17-10.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh, I get it and I empathize with you. In my lifetime I had to deal with Bud Adams moving a team to Tennessee, Bob McNair and his subtle racism and Cal McNair and his obvious stupidity.

Even then, I wouldn’t want to trade places with you.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I get it and I empathize with you. In my lifetime I had to deal with Bud Adams moving a team to Tennessee, Bob McNair and his subtle racism and Cal McNair and hks obvious stupidity.

Even then, I wouldn’t want to trade places with you.

I think he's currently the worst owner in professional sports. Donald Sterling is gone. James Dolan is pretty bad but he seems to have taken a step back the past few years.  I can't name an owner in the NFL that's worse.  No one really cares enough about baseball or hockey.  

• Like 1