Browns sign QB Josh Dobbs

Teen Girl Squad

54 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Pretty much identical to Watson. Both had a 55 (C) combine grade. Watson has longer arms and bigger hands. Watson had poor velocity but Dobbs didn't throw.

By comparison, Mayfield was at 32 (F) Also Tom Brady was a 12 (F)

Josh Allen was a 58.

Either way, if Dobbs is playing something went horribly wrong.

Or wonderfully right 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s 50/50 at best he makes the 53.  Maybe while Watson is suspended, but after that I’d be surprised.

This is a nothing signing imo.

He is a great guy to have in the QB room.   Incredibly smart and awesome teammate.   Highly regarded in the Pittsburgh locker room and should make a great coach one day.

So as a player...he doesn't offer much, but he hung around in Pittsburgh longer than he should have for what he brought to the table in other ways.

Best of luck to Josh.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Maybe a gadget guy. Emergency #3 QB otherwise.

Random idea: teach him how to be the holder for kicks. Always keep that shred of doubt about the fake. For real, I miss the days of having a QB be the holder. I know why it doesn't happen, but in a league where the difference between winning and losing is so razor thin, I'd try all these kinds of things (like having Dobbs as our holder).

Plus, evidently our new punter is kinda bad at holding. Win win haha.

I have always thought that the holder should be a QB, makes running a fake more likely to be successful. Also means if the play breaks down from a bad snap there is although small more of chance of success 

8 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker will be dumb to sit out. We don’t have to pay him if he does that

Well it's certainly not about money at this point.

It's hard to put yourself in the place of someone else but I don't think I'd play. I'm jilted. You don't want me so I don't want you. Let me be somewhere that I feel wanted not somewhere that has just traded/signed 3 QBs. I'm obviously out of your picture I don't want you staying in mine.

It feels desperate at that point.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:29 PM, 43M said:

Highly regarded in the Pittsburgh locker room and should make a great coach one day.

If Josh Dobbs has to resort to coaching, something went wrong. He’s literally a Rocket Scientist.

I know that’s not the crux of your argument, and you’re right in saying he’d probably make a great coach - but he’s got an incredibly bright future ahead of him, football is merely a pit stop in his journey to bigger and better things.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:
On 4/9/2022 at 4:29 PM, 43M said:

Highly regarded in the Pittsburgh locker room and should make a great coach one day.

If Josh Dobbs has to resort to coaching, something went wrong. He’s literally a Rocket Scientist.

This is how I always felt about Craig Krenzel. He was a microbiology close to 4.0 honors student and now he's a radio commentator and sells insurance in the Midwest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I know that’s not the crux of your argument, and you’re right in saying he’d probably make a great coach - but he’s got an incredibly bright future ahead of him, football is merely a pit stop in his journey to bigger and better things.

As far as being great, if that is what drives him, he should begin that career now. He won't be great in the NFL.

However, if monetary gain is what drives him he would make more as an assistant coach than as a rocket scientist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As far as being great, if that is what drives him, he should begin that career now. He won't be great in the NFL.

However, if monetary gain is what drives him he would make more as an assistant coach than as a rocket scientist.

I don’t disagree with this, but from the sounds of it from him - it’s an issue of when, not if:

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/28251/what-jaguars-qb-and-rocket-scientist-josh-dobbs-learned-at-nasa

Internships at NASA aren’t easy to come by, and from the sounds of the press clippings, he’s really interested in all of this. It might be a money grab, he could probably do better if he got started right now, but it’s clearly on his vision board in some capacity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is how I always felt about Craig Krenzel. He was a microbiology close to 4.0 honors student and now he's a radio commentator and sells insurance in the Midwest.

You mean I had to listen to the announcers gush over those facts at the start of every game for 2 years for nothing?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You mean I had to listen to the announcers gush over those facts at the start of every game for 2 years for nothing?

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This was a "Craig Krenzel did you know" gamely stat for 25+ games as though no one had ever heard it before, so now I have absurdly high expectations for a guy who played in the NFL and won a National Title on what "he should do with his degree" and judge him accordingly. I blame Brent Musberger. 

• Like 1