Expectations for 2nd year QBs

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Season is 17 games. Tua has started only 21 games.

Therefore Tua is also a 2nd-year-QB. With a new HC, OC, and offensive system put in place right between Game 4 and Game 5 of his 2nd season. 

Thats a silly way of looking at it, because you are dismissing 24 months of watching tape, coaching, working our, natural growth and practices.

• Like 4

My expectations? Justin Fields will continue to look like a 10-year-old (facially) and run around a whole lot. Trevor Lawrence will continue to wish he had gone into a different career, like modeling. And I forget who the others are ATM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A super team? They have 2 proven weapons, lol.

HOF TE and top 5 WR, top ten line anchored by a historically great LT, and a top ten defense.

The kicker is they went to the nfc title game Jimmy G who isn’t a top 15 QB

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Mahomes was essentially in the same situation with the Chiefs.

Mahomes didn’t have a top ten defense. Their defense was awful. 

Hes  on a team that essentially has no weaknesses. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They started 3-5 last year and then just went on a run to make the NFC title game, lol.

Because of their QB. 

They went to the nfc title game with a QB nobody wants now lol. Think about that for a second. A league that is STARVED for QBs and they like nah. 

Thats  how stacked they are 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

Hes  on a team that essentially has no weaknesses. 

The offensive line is pretty bad. With the niners, a lot just comes from whether or not they can stay healthy though. 

This is still a team that almost missed the playoffs to a team that had 4 starting Quarterbacks over the year. They were third in the league in games where they were up by at least 7 points and they lost those games at like a bottom 10 rate. I'm not sure what that is about (though they typically involved JImmy G turnovers if we are being honest)...possibly just randomness. 

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

They went to the nfc title game with a QB nobody wants now lol. Think about that for a second. A league that is STARVED for QBs and they like nah. 

He's not healthy. We know that has impacted at least two teams interest in him (colts, washington). I'm not a big Jimmy guy, but if he's healthy I have no doubt he would have been moved (that's mainly a condemnation about how NFL front offices work more so than a glowing review of Jimmy the player) 

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

Lol greatest skillset of all time. You lost all credibility right there alone

This is hilarious since you named no other QB. Who you gonna say? Elway? Elway was mostly a super-arm and intelligence. 

Lance has a super strong arm, least Top 6-7 in the NFL, super high football IQ, his run threat is only #2 behind Lamar and very deadly/fast, and an extremely talented decision maker. Name someone with a better skillset than that. 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Thats  how stacked they are 

I wouldn't say that the league is exactly starved for QBs right now though. That's why the Browns/49ers haven't been able to move Jimmy/Baker, teams know that they just gave up a kings ransom for another QB to start so they're either going to have to accept less in a trade or just release them. Jimmy and Baker both having major shoulder injuries last season and only having 1 year left on their contracts isn't exactly ideal either, lol.