2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1. If Peter Bukowski hated the picks, I've never been more certain that Gute nailed it. 

2. I will gladly give up our 3rd round pick to move up for the WR we covet and to avoid "Gutey's Curse" in the 3rd round. I know it makes no sense, and I love the guy, top 3 GM and all that, but somehow a 3rd round pick in his hands is worth less than a 4th. 

• Like 2

For WR, I admit I'm kinda hoping for Thornton.  Fast and long, seemingly with some long arms that give him a catch radius that MVS didn't have, and both body control and tracking capacity that MVS didn't really have.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Come on, we beat both Super Bowl teams, the team that eliminated us, and hung with the AFC 1 seed with our back-up QB.  This is a good team.  Winning the Super Bowl has some luck going with it.  

Have we won a SB in the last decade?    No doubt it is a good team.   We just never do what is necessary to make it a great team.  Hence the examples I gave.

I'm reading that a new ST coach is the answer for that part of the game.   We had a new coach last year.   Meet the new boss,  same as the old boss.   We fix everything a year too late, unless it is QB  succession where we do it 3 years too early.

12 minutes ago, craig said:

For WR, I admit I'm kinda hoping for Thornton.  Fast and long, seemingly with some long arms that give him a catch radius that MVS didn't have, and both body control and tracking capacity that MVS didn't really have.  

I like Thornton too, but I also like MVS a lot.

1 hour ago, R T said:

That's just it, somebody is going to claim it was a need no matter what position they took. This time yesterday there were people that thought one or more of WR, OL, TE, DL, EDGE, S was their 'needs', so a percentage of people can claim in their minds that any pick that was used was a 'need' pick. Some of those people are looking to book emergency therapy sessions today.  

We had a need at S.  Thought there was room for a starter at that hybrid S/ILB position hence why I wanted Cine.  They went the other way got an ILB with speed who can cover that role.  Makes a lot of sense when Gutey explained it.  Won't have to go to dime as often now.  They kind of change up tactics. 

Won't have a guy like Barnes who has to come off on 3rd downs when we actually have an ILB that can cover now.  Regardless had ILB as an area of need.  But since the Packers always devalued it guess we all did too.  Why I had Chenal as a potential target in the 3rd. 

Never though in a million years they would go ILB at #22.  About the only thing I got right so far is Gutey would pick guys not on our radar.  Mission accomplished. So guess I'll have to book my therapy session now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Entitlement cancer has spread to some of their brains.  

Nah it's ignorance.  Most fans don't have a clue.  See same stupid comments on FB.  They are not freaks like us.  Adams gone we need a WR.  No WR fire Gute...bet all of those same idiots aren't watching the draft either.  

Here are our 3rd round picks, back to Morgan Burnett (who was a hit).

Amari Rodgers, Deguara, Sternberger, Burks, Montravious Adams, Fackrell, Montgomery, Thornton, Alex Green, Morgan Burnett.

Here are our 4'th round picks.

Newman, Moore, Biegel, Jamal Williams, Martinez, Lowry, Ryan, Bradford, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Franklin, Daniels, McMillan

Hmmmm.

12 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

I like Thornton too, but I also like MVS a lot.

No disrespect to MVS intended!  I'd hoped they'd be able to bring him back, too.  Thornton is skinnier than MVS, so not sure how he'd fair in the blocking game.  So maybe MLF won't like him.  Talking about him perhaps in the 2nd or 3rd round is also kinda different from MVS in the 5th.  Thornton said to have smallish hands, which might not be great for catching rockets that are low or high from Aaron (or Love), or for making jumping catches downfield or on boundary.  Each player is unique, for sure; so I don't necessarily love comping every long-fast guy to MVS, even though I dumbly did it myself!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craig said:

No disrespect to MVS intended!  I'd hoped they'd be able to bring him back, too.  Thornton is skinnier than MVS, so not sure how he'd fair in the blocking game.  So maybe MLF won't like him.  Talking about him perhaps in the 2nd or 3rd round is also kinda different from MVS in the 5th.  Thornton said to have smallish hands, which might not be great for catching rockets that are low or high from Aaron (or Love), or for making jumping catches downfield or on boundary.  Each player is unique, for sure; so I don't necessarily love comping every long-fast guy to MVS, even though I dumbly did it myself!  

I'm not buying the 2nd round talk on Thornton. 

16 minutes ago, R T said:

Entitlement cancer has spread to some of their brains.  

Calling people that wont accept less than winning entitled is a loser mentality. Accepting failure and treating it as success is seemingly a childish coping mechanism.

Gute has been extremely over rated on this board. He inherited a good team and hasn't won anything.