2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I just don't see the Packers spending a 1st round pick on a guy who doesn't really crack the top 4 of anyone's WR rankings. If they're going to break the mold, it's going to be for one of the top guys. And it will likely come with a trade up.

Since when have the Packers operated on anyone else's board?

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I just don't see the Packers spending a 1st round pick on a guy who doesn't really crack the top 4 of anyone's WR rankings. If they're going to break the mold, it's going to be for one of the top guys. And it will likely come with a trade up.

I've said it since the season ended and the draft became a topic of conversation: GB needs to end the habit of picking WR's with lower draft picks. "Do something different" is my expression for it.

End of the first / top of the second is Picken's sweet spot - which this year - makes it perfect for us. Nail a top defender (or OT) with 22 and Pickens with our second pick.

I havent seen a mock draft yet that shows him falling past KC.

Then grab the Cincy kid later on.....and be set. IMO Pickens should be our WR1 for the draft - not the Cincy kid.

Will that happen? Odds are very much against it.....but one can hope.

• Like 1

Is anyone using the draft to help determine your fantasy league draft order?

In my league every team is given two players to root for. We do this by using an online randomiser.

We take away the more or less obvious top 10 players, the next 20 players is divided between 10 teams in the league. This is to help add an extra element of unpredictability because if a team got Hutchinson then we already know they will likely get the first pick in the fantasy draft. Boring.

First I put through the randomiser the teams to determine the 1-10 order, then i randomised the top 20 players. The top 10 is the teams first player. The next 10 is taken away and put through the randomiser again to determine the teams second player.

I got Breece Hall and George Pickens. Whoever is drafted highest will be used to deterimine where I will go in the fantasy draft. I got the gut feeling I will be picking last..

Edited by Chili

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If the Packers choose, Pickens and Pierce is very doable for them.  Fairly easy to make happen if that's what they want.

I shouldn't use insane. I guess that was predicated on the idea I don't think they're going WR twice in the first two rounds. I do think they could make it happen for sure, I'd love it. But I don't think they will.

I still think we're getting some order of WR DL Edge OT/OL those first four. Which is more than reasonable. But I'm still scared of that WR room even with a WR at 22 or before

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think Wilson/Williams + Pickens would be awesome. 

Would need them to slip a bit though.

Feel like Wilson is a sneaky awesome fit in MLF offense. 

Yeah....but in order to get either Wilson or Williams, the Packers would need to spend draft capital to move up. No way either of them makes it to 22. Just not happening.

No doubt I'm personally focused on Pickens - no argument - I'd like Burks almost as much - but - what makes them so attractive is how accessible they are to our 28th pick. So we could nab them without losing any picks.

And again....KC....who's also looking to restock their WR room is supposedly very interested in them. Nothing but rumor - I got it - but while a trade back might sound good - if we're intending to do that and still get one of them......I think KC's gonna pounce.

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

Pickens and Pierce would be insane.

Yesterday in the fanspeak mock draft I landed Williams in the first and Pickens in the 2nd. That would instantly improve our WR group.

Doing one just now and it hasn't been so kind to me. There was a run of WRs before our 22nd pick, Olave, Dotson. Wilson. Williams, London all gone. I ended up with Burks which I wasn't too disappointed with by the way. I could see that Pickens and Watson were ranked low enough where it was a possibility I could select one of them them in the 2nd round. Sure enough both were gone early in the second. In this mock draft it feels like we have to trade up in both 1st and 2nd rounds to land a WR or two.

• Like 1