2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

From what I saw, it was a verbal argument with a girl where he broke some door.  Or at least that's what I thought I read.

Supposedly they could have had three charges on him. But--Georgia never even suspended him which leads me to believe--having seen this quite a few times with college athletes--it wasn't exactly a cut and dry situation. That gal that tried to screw Quintez Cephus is an example. Jourdan Lewis. Tons of athletes getting in trouble trying to get to the league and away from their college gold digger, if that's the case.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Supposedly they could have had three charges on him. But--Georgia never even suspended him which leads me to believe--having seen this quite a few times with college athletes--it wasn't exactly a cut and dry situation. That gal that tried to screw Quintez Cephus is an example. Jourdan Lewis. Tons of athletes getting in trouble trying to get to the league and away from their college gold digger, if that's the case.

Assuming I'm reading it correctly, it was 3 charges stemming from a single event.  Seems like some bad journalism on someone's part.

• Like 1

So let's be real about Walter Payton the man, I worked in Northern Illinois during his time with the Bear's and he had many girlfriends outside his beloved wife Connie. Humans have flaws and Walter was no different , no disrespect intended, but let's not throw stones. 

After having some time to reflect, love what we have done day one, no more finesse time to kick some a$$ and win a championship with defense and intimidation.

Fwiw, I don't mind at all they went all defense in rnd 1. What I guess is they didn't see much of a drop off from WR #6 and whatever will be there in round 2.  DL Devonte Wyatt I get at #28, but I'm just scratching my head on them taking LB Quay Walker so high at pick #22. I mean, no one would have predicted that he'd go that high, let alone taken by the Packers. Wished they could have and would have traded back from #22. But ok. We should have a great defense. Now offense? I'll reserve judgment till I see what they can and will do tommorrow.  

Edited by DWhitehurst

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

It was a DV situation, the police had to respond. According g to the police report the woman said she wasn't afraid for her safety, so it doesn't sound like anyone was trying to screw him.