Rumour: Giants looking to trade WR Kadarius Toney

RaidersAreOne

I'd love to see a draft day trade between the Saints and Giants involving draft picks and Kadarius Toney. My ideal scenario would be:

Saints trade:

Pick #16

Pick #19

2023 Conditional 3rd (Could turn into a 2nd based on Kadarius Toney's performance this year)

Giants trade:

Pick #5 (assuming Malik Willis is still on the board)

Kadarius Toney

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I know the Giants are selling & re-building, but this is a bit of a red flag for me. A cost controlled WR with this sort of talent shouldn’t be an asset that any team is looking to move on from.

Word. Dude is electric after the catch. Went for almost 200 yards against the Cowboys.

Something must be wrong there. Not sure what it is.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I know the Giants are selling & re-building, but this is a bit of a red flag for me. A cost controlled WR with this sort of talent shouldn’t be an asset that any team is looking to move on from.

Toney is an odd dude. Frankly, he could be flakey at UF. He's also very into his music career. That all said, dude is a special athlete and an elite talent with the ball in his hands. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Word. Dude is electric after the catch. Went for almost 200 yards against the Cowboys.

Something must be wrong there. Not sure what it is.

Surface level - questionable hands, commitment, health, and attitude. But we knew most of that before the draft, god only knows what Toney’s shown NYG in one year for them to be ready to send him off so quick. 

They should’ve done this sooner in the offseason.

Eagles really screwed them trading up from 12 to 10 ahead of them at 11 with the Cowboys for DeVonta Smith who was their target obviously.

Obviously I liked the trade down for the Giants cause if your guys off the board then get as much value as you can, especially if its a 1st round pick from a team who wasn't likely to be good last year in the Bears. The 1st rounder they got obviously worked out for them as they got back the 7th pick in this years class which is a very valuable pick, but man if they have to ship off Toney and take a loss on that 1st rounder (I'm guessing they aren't getting a 1st back.. maybe a 2nd), then that isn't a great result.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

They should’ve done this sooner in the offseason.

If they were intent on this. I agree.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Surface level - questionable hands, commitment, health, and attitude. But we knew most of that before the draft, god only knows what Toney’s shown NYG in one year for them to be ready to send him off so quick. 

I think it probably has more to do with commitment/attitude than anything.

Yeah his hands might not be great, but I doubt that's a driving force behind this.

If the Giants are looking to move on from him (and I have no idea whether it's true or not), it will be for one reason: his attitude.

Toney possesses all the athletic talent in the world but has demonstrated little or no commitment to football. He doesn't work particularly hard to get reps and he ghosts every team event he possibly can, including the "voluntary" minicamps which almost every other Giants player has attended since Day One.

The ability to rack up receiving yards and break defenders' ankles comes as naturally to him as breathing. And unfortunately, that's about all the effort he's put into it since he was drafted.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'd love to see a draft day trade between the Saints and Giants involving draft picks and Kadarius Toney. My ideal scenario would be:

Saints trade:

Pick #16

Pick #19

2023 Conditional 3rd (Could turn into a 2nd based on Kadarius Toney's performance this year)

Giants trade:

Pick #5 (assuming Malik Willis is still on the board)

Kadarius Toney

I would hate trading our first for 2 mid first. Rather get a future first, which Saints don’t have.

• Like 1