Rumour: Giants looking to trade WR Kadarius Toney

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wait, are people actually shocked about this? 

Character concerns in college, a bit of a reach of a pick, missed all sorts of time last off-season (voluntary or not), injuries, tons of missed game time, skipping stuff this off-season while a new coaching staff is coming in.....

Idk, I felt like this or cutting him loose was pretty likely once I read he was sitting again. 

im not surprised that its happening, i'm surprised that its happening one year later. esp since he was fairly impressive when he was on the field as a rookie. most teams give high picks at least a couple years before pulling the plug, and even then, they have to be awful with no redeeming qualities (or have an off the field incident ala Ruggs and Gladney).

...then again, new GM and new coach is probably a factor, here - he wasn't the current regime's pick so that makes it easier to cut ties. But still.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

im not surprised that its happening, i'm surprised that its happening one year later. esp since he was fairly impressive when he was on the field as a rookie. most teams give high picks at least a couple years before pulling the plug, and even then, they have to be awful with no redeeming qualities (or have an off the field incident ala Ruggs and Gladney).

...then again, new GM and new coach is probably a factor, here - he wasn't the current regime's pick so that makes it easier to cut ties. But still.

Closest thing i can remember that may be similar is when the Dolphins delt Minkah Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh two games into his sophomore season, after a fairly good rookie campaign, due to him and Flores not getting along. But I'm not sure Toney is going to return a 1st-rounder like Minkah did.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

But I'm not sure Toney is going to return a 1st-rounder like Minkah did.

You can be sure he won't. 
With the off-field concerns coming into the league and lack of commitment since being a pro I don't see any team dealing higher than a 3rd rounder for Toney, and that's a generous assessment. 

2 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

With the off-field concerns coming into the league and lack of commitment since being a pro I don't see any team dealing higher than a 3rd rounder for Toney, and that's a generous assessment. 

I would agree. 

Toney doesn't strike me as a guy who loves football, he strikes me as a guy that used football to make a big chunk of change. He has his other endeavors I hear he's pretty good at. He'll probably fade out of the league and focus on that before long. 

No ill will towards the guy, those types just don't typically last very long. His heart clearly isn't in it, and it's probably fair to question if it ever was. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

i think he'd net at least a 2nd. but who knows.

This, hilariously, does wonders for Toney's dynasty (fantasy - sue me, beaches!) stock... even prior to knowing where he might end up.  The prospect alone of him getting from of Daniel Jones and being in a situation where he'll have the depth to not be expected to be higher than the WR2 bumps him up - even in spite of the fact that he could end up on a team that doesn't utilize him to the best of his abilities (or he can't stay healthy... again).

On 4/23/2022 at 6:44 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

“If you believe everything on the internet you gullable 🤣🤣🤣

He misspelled gullible, but I think it’s clear he’s saying that the report he’s being shopped in a trade is bogus. Not  saying I believe him, but that’s what he’s trying to say.

In the words of this dope… he’s saying 

trump fake news GIF

Pat Leonard is a hack and the cash strapped Giants would immediately lose another 8 million in dead money this year if they traded Toney, who would ultimately only net them a 2nd at most. 

I don't see Toney being traded. The return will not be high enough to warrant losing the player and the cap space, no matter how much he refuses to take part in anything that isn't mandatory. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

This, hilariously, does wonders for Toney's dynasty (fantasy - sue me, beaches!) stock... even prior to knowing where he might end up.  The prospect alone of him getting from of Daniel Jones and being in a situation where he'll have the depth to not be expected to be higher than the WR2 bumps him up - even in spite of the fact that he could end up on a team that doesn't utilize him to the best of his abilities (or he can't stay healthy... again).

I think that Toney could have been worth a late 1st in dynasty before this because of a few good games last year. There is no way you’re getting that now. He is starting to fit the profile of a player who will shuffle around and probably be out of the league in short order.