Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I still maintain that the reason he didn't get more run here was his size/lack of blocking ability. I don't think Shanny will play a receiver who can't block unless he's absolutely forced to; that Packers game Richie blew up in is a good example of that. If I remember correctly we had like 3 receivers when that Packers game came around. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

I still maintain that the reason he didn't get more run here was his size/lack of blocking ability. I don't think Shanny will play a receiver who can't block unless he's absolutely forced to; that Packers game Richie blew up in is a good example of that. If I remember correctly we had like 3 receivers when that Packers game came around. 

As someone who was adamant that they didn't give James a  fair shake heading into the 2021 camp, he absolutely stunk up the joint last TC. Drop passes galore and he just seemed like he was pressing. The drops started to affect his confidence. Hope does well in NYC but he absolutely deserved to be cut last year.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As someone who was adamant that they didn't give James a  fair shake heading into the 2021 camp, he absolutely stunk up the joint last TC. Drop passes galore and he just seemed like he was pressing. The drops started to affect his confidence. Hope does well in NYC but he absolutely deserved to be cut last year.

I agree. I had kind of forgotten how bad he was last year in TC. It seemed liked years prior he was always someone the beat writers would talk about. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sucks for Washington/Young. Kind of crazy the low sack numbers he's put up thus far in his career. 1.5 in 9 games isn't great, although I'm sure they were playing from behind quite a bit. Hopefully he comes back and plays closer to his rookie year when he got 7.5 in 15 games. 

21 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Sucks for Washington/Young. Kind of crazy the low sack numbers he's put up thus far in his career. 1.5 in 9 games isn't great, although I'm sure they were playing from behind quite a bit. Hopefully he comes back and plays closer to his rookie year when he got 7.5 in 15 games. 

he looks the past in a lot of his play but the production isn’t there. everyone once in a while you get guys like that. Hopefully he rebounds because he’s incredibly fun to watch.

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

lol, good for Kirk imo. There’s no reason the Vikings shouldn’t have been making runs during Zimmer’s tenure.

Turns out it was a parody. Paul Allen ( Vikings play by play) gave an interview where he said that Zimmer snapped for a minute when cousins pushed him and they ran with it

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Turns out it was a parody. Paul Allen ( Vikings play by play) gave an interview where he said that Zimmer snapped for a minute when cousins pushed him and they ran with it

lol yeah I did see that in the NFL General thread. That’s disappointing, I wanted it to be true. 

at least we still have the Kirk Cousins Pizza Ranch commercials…