Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah, no reason to. Mariota is fine for what they should be trying to do. They should not be trying to win one or two more games 

I read somewhere even Tampa Bay was rumoured inquiring about Baker……Perhaps a spot for Jimmy if the Bucs are not thrilled about whats comes after Brady. Obviously only if Jimmy is released.

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

did jimmy G lose himself some money getting this surgery or would it have always resulted in a failed physical (not that we know).

what a weird weird situation this year.

He definitely lost out on a sure fire starting spot. Now? He has to compete for one or be a back up. 

Certainly lost out on some money as well. 

I tried to tell everyone about releasing this man in March… 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 10:07 AM, Forge said:

They got over an entire quarter playing against Chad Henne. 

The browns passing offense could never really get anything going. 

They did inexplicably fall apart in the 4th quarter, but there was indeed some home cooking in the ref's decisions. If you don't see it, I can't help it.

Baker had 204 yards, 62% completion, 1 TD and 1 INT. Not exactly nothing there....  

53 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

They did inexplicably fall apart in the 4th quarter, but there was indeed some home cooking in the ref's decisions. If you don't see it, I can't help it.

Baker had 204 yards, 62% completion, 1 TD and 1 INT. Not exactly nothing there....  

That's pretty much exactly nothing. He threw the ball nearly 40 times for that 200 yards lol. He averaged 5.5 yards an attempt, and average a little over 5 average depth of target. You generally have a much higher completion percentage than 62%, so I'm not sure saying he had a 62% completion percentage is a feather in the cap or anything (62% basically puts you in the bottom 7 of the league over a full season). Now, that wasn't all on him - There were a couple of drops. Landry had a pretty bad one if I remember right, but he  also  had a negative EPA passing for the game. 

Baker wasn't good. He wasn't insanely bad or anything...he was just kind of meh, which pretty much sums up his career as a QB. The passing offense as a whole was just meh. Drops. Wills going out didn't help, though the line held up pretty well all things considered.

You want to blame the refs, feel free. I know a lot of people like to do that in general because they feel they need to. I guess they feel like it absolves them of the loss or something.   It's like harping on the "bosa holding" in the chiefs super bowl as the reason the 49ers lost that game, which I've seen certain people do quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Florio said the written arguments weren't due until today, so I think this is either premature, or is the NFL leaking this to soften the reaction. Get people used to the idea. 

Pretty whack. Dude is disgusting.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Florio said the written arguments weren't due until today, so I think this is either premature, or is the NFL leaking this to soften the reaction. Get people used to the idea. 

Pretty whack. Dude is disgusting.  

We should probably leave out the gritty details on this board. If people want to look that stuff up they can do that. 

• Like 2