Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

14 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Seems to me he's getting preferential treatment ala Ben Rapistberger...  And I do believe what DW did is along the same line of reprehensive behavior. Predators, both. 

It will be weird if he gets less than 6 games given the sheer number of cases and the fact that both Ben and Zeke got 6 games. I honestly don't know how the NFL justifies that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

It will be weird if he gets less than 6 games given the sheer number of cases and the fact that both Ben and Zeke got 6 games. I honestly don't know how the NFL justifies that

I mean they are probably taking into consideration Watson missing the entire 2021 season. 

But I don't see him getting less than six games. He will likely get suspended 8 games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they are probably taking into consideration Watson missing the entire 2021 season. 

But I don't see him getting less than six games. He will likely get suspended 8 games. 

I was also thinking about the ‘time served’ bit too. This is a tough one though because the allegations against him suggest a pattern of behavior, where Ben and Zeke had one incident as far as I know.

56 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I was also thinking about the ‘time served’ bit too. This is a tough one though because the allegations against him suggest a pattern of behavior, where Ben and Zeke had one incident as far as I know.

Ben had a 2nd which was more reprehensible and known in far greater detail. Dude should have been in prison instead of playing football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

giving any consideration to missing time last year would be a complete farce. He sat by choice and as far as I know was still paid lol. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

giving any consideration to missing time last year would be a complete farce. He sat by choice and as far as I know was still paid lol. 

Don't you have him in the dynasty league lol?

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

It wasn't just by choice, let's be real here lol.

But 8 is what he will get. Take it to the bank!

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Kyler just got a 5 year 46.1/year extension.

This is one of those ones that is rough on the surface. There's a substantial number of people who don't even view Kyler as a top 10 QB in the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is one of those ones that is rough on the surface. There's a substantial number of people who don't even view Kyler as a top 10 QB in the league. 

Yeah, I feel like this is just the nature of the beast though. Anyone close to the top of the league at their position is going to get paid top of market. It's funny seeing Mahomes being the #4 paid QB now. If Trey does what we all hope he's going to do he's going to get an insane contract as well.