2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Got our DE and WR so now we can legit choose BPA the rest of the way. Well done JD

If we draft another outstanding player with our second round pick this will tie us with our best draft ever in 1977. Douglas has had a heck of a draft he sure worked this draft. 

With this pick, I'm looking at Dean or Hall. There is also some DTs and a OT that I like. But I think adding a guy like Breece Hall could really turn this offense up, giving Wilson the best chance to succeed. 

Our defense already should be vastly improved. We are much improved at CB with Sauce and DJ Reed. Our DL will be much improved with JJ and hopefully Lawson returning healthy.  Plus adding Martin and Curry is good depth. 

Joe Douglas is definitely putting Wilson in the best position to succeed this season, not throwing trash around him. 

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

They won't take Jones.  Saleh system doesn't emphasize nose tackles types. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Team captain and a RAS over 9.0 is exactly the type of player they like to take. He is also much better than Winfrey. 

I could see them going in a ton of different directions with that 38 pick

Dean, Winfrey, Jones, Pitre, Brisker, Raimann, Hall, that is all value right there and fills need

If they wanna slide back a little bit, then you got Muma, Andersen, Chenal, Ken Walker

My favorite prospect left after Dean is Kyler Gordon and he has only played CB in college, but he is so damn good and think he can I easily transition to a FS in the NFL, but I dont see them taking him.

And Also dont see any double dips this early, so leaving off the possibility of like Andrew Booth (CB), Ebikete, Mafe, (DE’s), Pickens and Moore (WR’s)

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Team captain and a RAS over 9.0 is exactly the type of player they like to take. He is also much better than Winfrey. 

Again it's not a knock on Jones, he'll likely be good and I won't be upset in getting him but if you look at the niners and even the eagles defenses over the years they just don't draft fat guys. They'll take edges like Armistead Buckner, Milton Williams etc and put them inside. It wouldn't surprise me if I saw the team with Logan Hall over Jones 

I'm not feeling the Dean pick.  I think Saleh really wants to try Nas or Sherwood to fill that smaller, pass defending LB role.  I like Dean I'm just no so sure the Jets would pick him at 38.  Same with Breece Hall in round 2.  I think the Jets would rather get their RB's on Day 3.  Worked out OK last year.

At 38, barring a trade down which I think is likely, Travis Jones, Winfrey or Leal at DT.  Brisker at FS.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Again it's not a knock on Jones, he'll likely be good and I won't be upset in getting him but if you look at the niners and even the eagles defenses over the years they just don't draft fat guys. They'll take edges like Armistead Buckner, Milton Williams etc and put them inside. It wouldn't surprise me if I saw the team with Logan Hall over Jones 

Agreed and they have also never drafted a corner as high as we did so you really never know what the are thinking. 

This is my order that I would like to see.

1. Nakobe Dean- He is by far my fav pick today. I think he can even play a little safety too. He covers the field side to side very well. He is great at tackles too. 

2. Breece Hall - I don't think Dean makes it to the Jets then this is the pick. I'm tired of having nothing behind MC. We always end up with these washed up bums. Hall can be the bigger back that we need. You need at least 2 good RB's 

3. David Ojabo - He can take his time coming back and replace a Curry or Martin in a year or 2. 

4. Travis Jones - He can be the big guy to plug the holes. 

5. Kenneth Walker - I like him almost as much as Hall. 

6. Berhard Raimann - Good OT backup and can take over if Becton gets hurt AGAIN.

7.  Chad Muma - One of the best cover LB in college football. 

8. Christian Harris - He could be a nice add to the LB group. 

9. Brandon Smith - same as above

10. Darian Kennard - He can be the fill in for G.