2022 Draft - Day 1 (MIN trades #12->#32)

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

The only GM who lacks enough awareness to draft a QB at 32 instead of 34 is ours, but I don't think that even Kwesi is that dumb to not take the high value position guy for the 5th year in round 1.

If he does draft a QB, I'd rather it be Corral.   Willis is Mike Vick II . . . Never leading a team to a ring.

Just now, ArcticNorseman said:

If he does draft a QB, I'd rather it be Corral.   Willis is Mike Vick II . . . Never leading a team to a ring.

Mike Vick was absolutely electric, no brainer I would take Mike Vick II every single day every single year for every team I cheer for for eternity.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  Are you saying that's not how you build a winning team?  I believe it when they tell me that, in this defense, the safeties are more important than the CBs.  I'm not that big on the CBs left available, and with both Stingley and Gardner gone, I really had no interest in any of the CBs after that in the 1st round.  IMO, all along, safety was going to be the pick in the 2nd round, as it was virtually every mock sim I did...so the fact that they got one at the end of the first isn't shocking to me, because that's where their value was.   I've always thought that safety was a primary need.

As I'm typing this, I also find it quite odd that people here have always complained about the Vikings not preparing for a player to depart in a year or 2 and just waiting for them to fall off the cliff...but that is exactly what they are doing right now in drafting this player, preparing for Harrison Smith's departure within the next year or 2.

Saying that team has needs/holes at positions and could also use upgrades or bring in players at more impactful positions.  On the need list, S is low. S is also not a premium position.  On defense it would rank behind DT, Edge, and C —only behind MLB. Also behind OL, WR, and QBOF on offense.  TE as well, but no TE worth 32.  
Not against drafting a S in general, but given the roster, draft position (12th),  salary cap, and trying to win with Cousins it seems like a misallocation 

12 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

So….pretty much a typical Minnesota sporting event. 

*** men's football/baseball/hockey.

Soccer (MLS, USL2, NPSL, USLW), women's football, and women's basketball are all doing just fine. Heck even the Wolves have a chance!

Yep Vick was the most electrifing player I have ever seen play live.  I was at his game ATL against the Vikes when he won in overtime and it is probably the only time I really didn't care that we lost ( He was just that much fun to watch).  Dude had a laser for a arm too but not accurate.  A lefty thrower too so add that into the mix.

Odd not taking Hamilton today but I recall thinking to myself at some point looking over the Secondary... We are Slow.  As well there is Nothing in depth behind Harrison Smith/Bynum/Mettelus? at Saftey.  I like most people don't like the value of the trade yet I am willing to give a little leeway to that trade.  In the sense that Taking a Saftey at 12 with a 5th year option down the line would comit a lot in terms of $$$ on the 5th year option.( SEE Bradbury 5th yr option at #17 where he was drafted)  This is a new Regime as well so they are going to target players they feel will help them in the next 3-5 years not what the team was built for in the previous staff.  Odd feeling to this draft so far as well, Walker going first?  WR's getting traded around?  Heck read the lions board they seem about 50/50 on the trade up for Williams?

• Like 1

Dream scenario for me going into day 2 would be Andrew Booth Jr at pick 34 and then package our two third rounders to come up and get either the best WR or EDGE available. 

A draft of Lewis Cine, Andrew Booth and either Skyy Moore or George Pickens would be great

• Like 1

8 hours ago, golf333333 said:

I'd draft a QB every single year until I found a difference maker. I like Kirk a lot but he aint winning a Super Bowl. And I'm drafting guys until I find someone that can win a Super Bowl.

Why is Kirk not winning a Super Bowl?  Im tired of that lazy take, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer .... Have all won Super Bowls