Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

To return to the original subject of this thread: CHRISTIAN WATSON went bowling. To those of you who bowl, how is his technique? What does his technique tell you about how successful he'll be as a WR?

FVZeSMlXEAAoGfY?format=jpg&name=medium

Went to school in North Dakota.  Yet rents his bowling shoes.  This is a good thing.

Size 13's...no wonder his girlfriend is hot.

Not using a black or marbled ball?  Rental.  Good thing.

Wears ankle socks.  Eeeew.

Form is good, but there is a lack of bend at he release point.  He's stiff.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Went to school in North Dakota.  Yet rents his bowling shoes.  This is a good thing.

For a guy that is 6'4, is 13 that big of a shoe?  

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The size 13's is probably why he stumbles and falls down so much out of his breaks. More than likely a bust. 

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm an inch taller and I wear a 14-15 depending on how they run. I'd say most 6'4 guys probably wear a 13 or 14 yeah. Anything smaller and you'd be living on a pretty unstable platform lol.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm an inch taller and I wear a 14-15 depending on how they run. I'd say most 6'4 guys probably wear a 13 or 14 yeah. Anything smaller and you'd be living on a pretty unstable platform lol.

Fair enough.  I am 5'9 and wear a 12.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Form is good, but there is a lack of bend at he release point.  He's stiff... probably why his girlfriend is hot

added 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

1 hour ago, R T said:

The size 13's is probably why he stumbles and falls down so much out of his breaks. More than likely a bust. 

I'd say either ask his girlfriend if that shoe size is big, or find that bowling ball to check out the hand/finger size.

Insert any joke you feel is appropriate.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Clown.

I even wear a 13 in a pair of dress shoes that I have.  At the same time, I have an old *** pair of shoes from high school that I think are 10 and a halfs, and they fit last time I wore them, so who really knows.  

I also have giant hands.  And you know what that means?  My wrists look even skinnier than they are.  

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 7:34 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Now that we've established you're old AF, if that's how you remember things, it's probably time for you to schedule an Alzheimer's test. 

Shees, what an ignorant, sad and pathetic post. You're one of the biggest keyboard cowards I've come across.

Do better, and grow the F--- up.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:00 AM, cannondale said:

I wasn't that lucky I don't think. When I say first memory, it means bits and pieces. I don't have memories of the '72 Playoffs. But I do remember the Brockington, Lane combo. I do remember the Hadl trade and the nightmare seasons that followed. OF course, back then you waited for the Press Gazette to get your daily Packer news. Far from legit or insightful. Skipping school to listen to the Draft on the radio was a cool memory and really tells you how far things have come. Street & Smith magazine (that came out in January) being the Draft bible - lol

Yep, those were good times. I can remember the 82 Packer team a little bit. Beating the Cardinals in the playoffs was fun and even losing to the Cowboys after that was kind of fun. The anticipation and excitement of that game was huge.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:58 AM, vegas492 said:

Nice. I suspect we’re trying to be silly, but it seems to me that some sports or positional roles in sports do demand technical repetition. Bowling, pitching in baseball, a golf swing, three point shooting in basketball and throwing a football require precisely chained movements. Other roles in sports are for athletes that follow generally good habits combined with rapid reactions to events. I think wrestling, baseball fielding, running the football, pass defense, offensive and defensive line play are examples of athletes that have to respond in real time to unexpected changes.

Quarterbacks and wide receivers have to be good at both, I think. The demands of quarterback are many and kind of obvious to articulate—though certainly not easy to master. We can blather on about route running for wide receivers as if it’s as simple as being where you’re supposed to be when you’re supposed to be there, but they have to also run the route in such a manner that the defender loses coverage, if only at the right instant.

As much as I loved the Christian Watson pick, there is reason to believe that Romeo Doubs is ahead of him in that tech/instinct combination of skills.

I can’t be sure though because I didn’t get to see him bowling.