Jump to content

61- 49ers select Drake Jackson USC DE


 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, N4L said:

 

I've wanted a speed rusher with bend for literally 10 years and somehow I can't help but be disappointed we didn't get a safety here 

Moore, Odum, Hunfanga and can possibly bring back Tartt. That seems to be the plan.

But if we haven't addressed OL yet, I hope it's due to Mack telling the team he will be returning? Or do they got something with Tretter lined up? That's the scary remaining hole we have. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Moore, Odum, Hunfanga and can possibly bring back Tartt. That seems to be the plan.

But if we haven't addressed OL yet, I hope it's due to Mack telling the team he will be returning? Or do they got something with Tretter lined up? That's the scary remaining hole we have. 

I said a while back that could be it. I figured it kind of depended on what Moore looked like off the injury. He got buried by two good safeties but he wasn't out of place when starting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I said a while back that could be it. I figured it kind of depended on what Moore looked like off the injury. He got buried by two good safeties but he wasn't out of place when starting

Honestly, I loved Moore's play. If he got his speed back, I still believe in him. But I haven't seen him play in a while. Maybe my recollection is more wishful thinking than actual analysis.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this mean Ebukam will be released? I know there were rumblings that we could just because his contract for this year.
 

Our Dline depth is insane, I know a lot of 1 year contracts, but I’m excited 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Watched the reaction video from Crocker and Peacock. Peacock got my attention when he said something like if you wanted that Harold Landry-like speed off the edge, Jackson is perhaps the closest to it in this draft?!  🤔 😎  So, if he has any such traits in addition to those long arms, I am good with this pick.

Wanted to add this nugget some of you also may have discovered... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wEbq7Jq8mw  It does a nice breakdown of the differences between Drake Jackson in his Freshman year vs his more recent assignments...no wonder he didn't go higher. 

I do believe he is the embodiment of a diamond in the rough. Cannot wait to see what Kocurek does with him and what he learns from Coach K as well as Bosa and Armstead. Drake has already said he is going to seek out Nick and try to work out with him. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er
New information to share!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only thing that worries me with Jackson is if he's going to put in the work. There were talks of maturity issues while he was in college. And he's seems a little self-absorbed/look at me type from my vantage point. Doesn't mean those types aren't hard workers or can't have a sustained work ethic. But they tend to be motivated by the wrong things and aren't willing to sacrifice in certain instances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Only thing that worries me with Jackson is if he's going to put in the work. There were talks of maturity issues while he was in college. And he's seems a little self-absorbed/look at me type from my vantage point. Doesn't mean those types aren't hard workers or can't have a sustained work ethic. But they tend to be motivated by the wrong things and aren't willing to sacrifice in certain instances.

I hope he looks at the work effort from the likes of Warner and Bosa and it rubs off on him. A great system and great teammates can go along way. Or can go completely wrong like a few players we have drafted lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is possible if he plays the role Aldon did his rookie season and gets the nickel rushes. The attention Bosa/Armstead are going to get is always going to lead to one on one opportunities on the other side. Ebukam was a double digit sack guy in the 2nd half of the season and pretty much anyone lined up there had success. 

I don't really see the point of keeping Ebukam at this point to be honest. We have the big ends that can play the run in base downs and then Jackson can be the nickel pass rusher. Should be interesting to see what happens there, but at this point they are probably keeping Ebukam and want to have insane depth in case of an injury or two. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is possible if he plays the role Aldon did his rookie season and gets the nickel rushes. The attention Bosa/Armstead are going to get is always going to lead to one on one opportunities on the other side. Ebukam was a double digit sack guy in the 2nd half of the season and pretty much anyone lined up there had success. 

I don't really see the point of keeping Ebukam at this point to be honest. We have the big ends that can play the run in base downs and then Jackson can be the nickel pass rusher. Should be interesting to see what happens there, but at this point they are probably keeping Ebukam and want to have insane depth in case of an injury or two. 

I think he'll get rotational nickel rushes, but I don't think he'll play enough to be that big of a factor all year long. If the over / under on his sacks was 3.5, I'd probably take the under (if Ebukam sticks on the roster) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he'll get rotational nickel rushes, but I don't think he'll play enough to be that big of a factor all year long. If the over / under on his sacks was 3.5, I'd probably take the under (if Ebukam sticks on the roster) 

Agree. Between him, Hyder, Willis, & Omenihu I just don't see enough opportunities for him to have a DROY-type of impact. I won't even count Ebukam at this moment.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Agree. Between him, Hyder, Willis, & Omenihu I just don't see enough opportunities for him to have a DROY-type of impact. I won't even count Ebukam at this moment.

 

 

We just signed Turay as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...