๐Ÿˆ Raiders select with pick #90: G Dylan Parham

RaidersAreOne

I think this size thing is being overblown a little. I read on NFL he is 6'3 and 311 lbs which is a great build with thick legs. He's effectively stockier than a 6'6 330 guy who would be described as a man mountain. Sure, he's going to likely have shorter reach but he's going to have better leverage and lower centre of gravity.

If he can play, he can play and IMO a nasty demeanor trumps pure size any day of the week, so long as he's a reasonable size which I think he is.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think this size thing is being overblown a little. I read on NFL he is 6'3 and 311 lbs which is a great build with thick legs. He's effectively stockier than a 6'6 330 guy who would be described as a man mountain. Sure, he's going to likely have shorter reach but he's going to have better leverage and lower centre of gravity.

If he can play, he can play and IMO a nasty demeanor trumps pure size any day of the week, so long as he's a reasonable size which I think he is.

Plus his arm length is okay given his height - just over 33โ€ฆ

On 4/30/2022 at 10:22 AM, Darbsk said:

Iirc mid season he was like 280-290 and he bulked up for the combineย 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure I've just seen a lot of draft nicks say they think his best NFL position is going to be center, we announced the pick as OG though fwiw.ย 

That is what I have read about him leading up to the draft and after.ย  He has size limitations.ย  Have not read much else that is negative however.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure I've just seen a lot of draft nicks say they think his best NFL position is going to be center, we announced the pick as OG though fwiw.ย 

I say start him out at G where we have a need. If James is bad again, shift him to C.ย 

I think Simpson is probably a worse G than James is a C, fwiw.ย 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I say start him out at G where we have a need. If James is bad again, shift him to C.ย 

I think Simpson is probably a worse G than James is a C, fwiw.ย 

I really think that Kolton Miller at LT is the only player who is guaranteed to start.ย 

Eluemenor, Good, or Leatherwood could start at either OG spot or RT

Simpson could start at either OG spot

Parham could start at either OG spot or C

James could start at Cย 

Parker could start at RT

So we basically have a four man battle for RT, five man battle for both OG spots, and a two man battle at center.ย 

Edited by NYRaider