Round 5 Pick 179; Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE South Carolina

Packerraymond

Just now, vegas492 said:

I'm looking at them more by snap count.  For right now, Engbare needs the lions share of snaps after P.  And maybe even with Gary as he works back into game shape.  LVN can still get his, but they should be more limited.  

I had thought he could get reps on the DL.  And with Brooks and Wooden playing as they have, those reps are going to be tougher to get as well.

The DL? You mean the IDL guys? When have we ever put an EDGE guy on the IDL since we went to the 3-4?

13 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

The DL? You mean the IDL guys? When have we ever put an EDGE guy on the IDL since we went to the 3-4?

Z Smith.  Pass rush sets.

Gary.  Pass rush sets.

That's how I could see LVN getting more reps.

But I haven't seen him flip inside for these pre-season games yet.

And those other DL kids are looking really, really good.  Hence my statement of him having to battle for those rush snaps as well.

In other words?  It's going to be tough sledding for LVN this year based on what I've seen so far.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Gary.  Pass rush sets.

And those other DL kids are looking really, really good.  Hence my statement of him having to battle for those rush snaps as well.

In other words?  It's going to be tough sledding for LVN this year based on what I've seen so far.

Are you sure you're not talking about ILB as opposed to IDL? I've seen those guys play ILB behind the DL.

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Are you sure you're not talking about ILB as opposed to IDL? I've seen those guys play ILB behind the DL.

When their hand is in the dirt and they pass rush over center or guard, I consider that a DL rep.

We did it with Z, we've done it with Gary.  I was hopeful that LVN could do it when we drafted him.

After watching this camp go down, I'd rather that rep go to other guys like Brooks or Wooden.  (Minus the starters at DL.)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When their hand is in the dirt and they pass rush over center or guard, I consider that a DL rep.

We did it with Z, we've done it with Gary.  I was hopeful that LVN could do it when we drafted him.

After watching this camp go down, I'd rather that rep go to other guys like Brooks or Wooden.  (Minus the starters at DL.)

Okay, I get you now.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 9:35 AM, vegas492 said:

I think LVN will be capable of 3pt eventually and was what he ran more of at Iowa. He’s said he’s getting used to 2pt right now. As his understanding and body develop, I believe he has that capacity to play on the line in certain situations but agree it’s best for him to start as a pure OLB right now. 

11 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think LVN will be capable of 3pt eventually and was what he ran more of at Iowa. He’s said he’s getting used to 2pt right now. As his understanding and body develop, I believe he has that capacity to play on the line in certain situations but agree it’s best for him to start as a pure OLB right now. 

Agree.

Also...he's looks very slow at OLB right now.  Like he's thinking too much.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

This is the guy everyones panties should be bunched over. Need more Enagbare smut posts instead of the Cox

Why can't we be excited about both? Why does it have to be an either/or? You can never have enough great pass rushers. If there was a seventh guy good enough to play EDGE for us, I'd want to keep 7. 

Good to great pass rushers, CB, OT's and elite QB's a team can never have enough of. Way to valuable of assets you can never have enough of. What we have to pay Cox this year, keep him around and see what he's got. 

17 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

This is the guy everyones panties should be bunched over. Need more Enagbare smut posts instead of the Cox

If Wyatt and Enagbare take a year 2 leap, this front 7 when Gary comes back is gonna be scary. 

Really hope we play more of a 4 man front this year with Enagbare and Gary's hand in the dirt. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22

On 8/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, vegas492 said:

Gary.  Pass rush sets.

Scratch what I said in the LVN draft thread. This will do.

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I assume LVN will be thrown in in obvious pass rush situations. We may see 4 OLB on at once or you take Preston off and run 3. 

Love LVN and think he's going to develop like Gary did. Right now, is he really one of our top 4 pass rushers on the EDGE or inside? 

Wyatt, Clarke, Brooks and Wooden all seem to be pretty good inside creating pressure. Is he the 4th EDGE guy behind Gary, Smith and Enagbare of is he 5th behind Cox also? Cox may be an inactive because of Hollins special teams duties. 

I'm just asking the questions, not jumping to conclusions.