Round 5 Pick 179; Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE South Carolina

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers always seem to pick one "production over traits" guy on day 3; who was the last one of those who really worked out for us?  Blake Martinez?

Is this really true? I guess I didn't have that impression at all, but maybe I just don't know the late dudes anymore like I once maybe did.

Edit: with you on this pick though. 

Edited by Norm

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers always seem to pick one "production over traits" guy on day 3; who was the last one of those who really worked out for us?  Blake Martinez?

Last year Gute double-dipped, with both Amari and Jamal-Charles.  Hopefully one or both works out this year?  

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Larry McCarren just did a little piece on Enagbare at packers.com. He reminds me a little of Z. Kind of the way Z would approach with some shakenbake and then swim by, that’s what this guy does. Maybe this guy pans out.  

Did you bother to read the thread? I'm guessing not. 

44 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Larry McCarren just did a little piece on Enagbare at packers.com. He reminds me a little of Z. Kind of the way Z would approach with some shakenbake and then swim by, that’s what this guy does. Maybe this guy pans out.  

That was funny when Larry kept rewinding and replaying Enagbare’s hump move (the Reggie White kind, not the Rasheed Walker kind) over and over and over before showing that he’d created a direct path to the quarterback by rocking that 340 lb lineman out of the way with those strong hands. You don’t need that great of a 40 time if you’re going through instead of around.

I think his point was that the sack was great, but the move that got him there was amazing. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 2

I cant help but get excited when I see him play just like Z. 

But then I can’t help but doubt him because is he really going to be able to do that in the NFL, weighing 258 lbs?

He lasted until the 5th for a reason. Wish he was a little bigger. 

But you never know, the length and explosiveness might make up for the size and then yes he will be able to do it on the next level. 

We’ll see. It’s a fun pick for a 5th rounder. He’s got a shot. 

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

But then I can’t help but doubt him because is he really going to be able to do that in the NFL, weighing 258 lbs?

But you never know, the length and explosiveness might make up for the size and then yes he will be able to do it on the next level. 

He has next year's entire offseason to bulk up in an NFL strength program. 

23 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I read he was at 270 for his pro day

On 5/3/2022 at 1:06 PM, incognito_man said:

Got a feeling this guy is gonna stick and become EDGE3 this year pretty early. 

Now that we've cleared some space with Jaire I think that we'll be looking to add an outside edge rusher...but if we dont get one then I think Enagbare can easily beat out someone like Garvin by the end of camp.