Round 5 Pick 179; Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE South Carolina

Packerraymond

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

EDGE is overrated.

Rams just won with Floyd and friggin old Miller.

Interior pressure is the new EDGE rush and we just added one next to Clark.

I mean really how many great EDGE rushers did the Patriots have when they won like a billion Super Bowls?

Coverage is more important for when that pass rush doesn’t get home, and we have that.

We have more than we need at EDGE in my opinion.

I mean ,Von Miller was damn good during the stretch run for the Rams. 

Tyler Dunne -

KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, Edge, South Carolina

• Rd. 5/179.

• Height: 6-3 ½.

• Weight: 271.

• 40: 4.90.

• Wonderlic: 29.

• Hometown: Atlanta.

Fact/Stat: Fourth-year senior, two-year starter … Weighed 258 at the combine and then 271 at pro day … Finished with 15 sacks, 24 tackles for loss and four forced fumbles … Long arms (34 ¾), large hands (10 5/8).

AFC scout: “He had kind of a rough spring from a speed standpoint. He’s got really good length and he’s got some natural rush. He could play either end (in a 4-3). He’s got exceptional length and does a really good job using his hands as a rusher because of his length. Like him. I just don’t think he’s got enough speed and juice. He’ll be a solid NFL player but he’s not going to be an impact rusher. Not a 3-4 guy. He’s a 5.0 40 guy.”

AFC scout: “He kind of killed himself. On timing day he ran 4.9 something. I wouldn’t mess around with the guy now. I thought he’d run 4.75. He has a quick first step. Once people get their hands on him he doesn’t do much after that. He had no technique if people pushed him by.”

NFC scout: “He ran 4.9. No.”

AFC scout: “He’s a 3-4 outside backer. He’d struggle to be a 4-3 D-end. We don’t like him. Day 3.”

AFC scout: “He played a mixture of outside linebacker and edge. He could be an edge. He’s my No. 4 off-the-ball linebacker (on the strong side in a 4-3). He’s a good college player but he’s not dynamic by any means.”

AFC scout: “He’s a good-hearted, likeable guy who means well. Frustrated the (staff) with his stubbornness and lack of maturity at times. He got frustrated too easily sometimes and they’d have to talk him out of that head space. Needs a kick in the *** at times to set him straight or get him going. Carries himself as if he’s arrived. Thinks he’s better than he is … Can win with his length and motor but not the athlete to dip around the corner or collapse (the pocket) with explosive power. Want to see more violence at the point of attack.”

NFC scout: “Didn’t see much. No juice, no power. Just a backup kind of talent. He’s straight line. In one on one’s he can just go run at a guy, but in the whole big picture he doesn’t (produce).”

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tyler Dunne -

KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, Edge, South Carolina

• Rd. 5/179.

• Height: 6-3 ½.

• Weight: 271.

• 40: 4.90.

• Wonderlic: 29.

• Hometown: Atlanta.

Fact/Stat: Fourth-year senior, two-year starter … Weighed 258 at the combine and then 271 at pro day … Finished with 15 sacks, 24 tackles for loss and four forced fumbles … Long arms (34 ¾), large hands (10 5/8).

AFC scout: “He had kind of a rough spring from a speed standpoint. He’s got really good length and he’s got some natural rush. He could play either end (in a 4-3). He’s got exceptional length and does a really good job using his hands as a rusher because of his length. Like him. I just don’t think he’s got enough speed and juice. He’ll be a solid NFL player but he’s not going to be an impact rusher. Not a 3-4 guy. He’s a 5.0 40 guy.”

AFC scout: “He kind of killed himself. On timing day he ran 4.9 something. I wouldn’t mess around with the guy now. I thought he’d run 4.75. He has a quick first step. Once people get their hands on him he doesn’t do much after that. He had no technique if people pushed him by.”

NFC scout: “He ran 4.9. No.”

AFC scout: “He’s a 3-4 outside backer. He’d struggle to be a 4-3 D-end. We don’t like him. Day 3.”

AFC scout: “He played a mixture of outside linebacker and edge. He could be an edge. He’s my No. 4 off-the-ball linebacker (on the strong side in a 4-3). He’s a good college player but he’s not dynamic by any means.”

AFC scout: “He’s a good-hearted, likeable guy who means well. Frustrated the (staff) with his stubbornness and lack of maturity at times. He got frustrated too easily sometimes and they’d have to talk him out of that head space. Needs a kick in the *** at times to set him straight or get him going. Carries himself as if he’s arrived. Thinks he’s better than he is … Can win with his length and motor but not the athlete to dip around the corner or collapse (the pocket) with explosive power. Want to see more violence at the point of attack.”

NFC scout: “Didn’t see much. No juice, no power. Just a backup kind of talent. He’s straight line. In one on one’s he can just go run at a guy, but in the whole big picture he doesn’t (produce).”

These scout comments just don’t jive with his tape… he was a top pass rusher in the SEC.  Had some trouble finishing but I think he’s at least going to be a good #3 Edge in the NFL… he’s not a one trick pony either- he should be good rushing the passer and in his run fits.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

These scout comments just don’t jive with his tape… he was a top pass rusher in the SEC.  Had some trouble finishing but I think he’s at least going to be a good #3 Edge in the NFL… he’s not a one trick pony either- he should be good rushing the passer and in his run fits.

I agree. It's gonna take him awhile to become more than necessary depth. How much better is he than Garvin? Cant say at this juncture...but he's got some good role models in the room. He's not a bend/speed guy.....and neither are Gary or Smith....so they should help him refine his game.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

EDGE is overrated.

Rams just won with Floyd and friggin old Miller.

Interior pressure is the new EDGE rush and we just added one next to Clark.

I mean really how many great EDGE rushers did the Patriots have when they won like a billion Super Bowls?

Coverage is more important for when that pass rush doesn’t get home, and we have that.

We have more than we need at EDGE in my opinion.

And how many bill belichecks’ do other teams have on their coaching staffs?

maybe they can have less talent because they had superior coaching talent? And maybe teams that have oh i don’t know Mike Pettine need more player talent.

People need to stop using New England as a model. It’s an outlier that likely won’t get replicated… at least not for a long time. That’s why all the people from New England that go to other teams fail miserably. Bill and Tom were the specials. You need one of them.

Enagbare tested very similar to Z. Took Z a bit of time to really find success in the NFL but he started out as a decent rotational guy.

It’d be great if E had the same sort of career arc. Gotta hit the gym and learn the game. 

Very solid prospect for a late 5th rounder.

Edited by n8ghee
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The scout comments may perhaps jive with why the other 31 teams let him go un-drafted into the very late end of round 5?

I thought the 29 Wonderlic score is interesting.  

I really like the pick.  He can set the edge first, and he's a power rusher that knows how to shed and shows just enough bend.  As moldable clay for EDGE4 there is a lot to like here.  We do seems to like the power guys more than the quick guys.  Gotta hold that lane.

• Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

I really like the pick.  He can set the edge first, and he's a power rusher that knows how to shed and shows just enough bend.  As moldable clay for EDGE4 there is a lot to like here.  We do seems to like the power guys more than the quick guys.  Gotta hold that lane.

Understand the thrust of your comment and tend to agree with it regards draft selections (Read: Gary / this guy....) - but I wouldn't put Z in the power guy's category and if his back hadnt gone out, he'd be a nice guy to still have around...but, oh well. So a hybrid D is probably best.

Not sure how the Garvin's / Ramsey's are gonna play out relative to this draft pick.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've read that he should be able to play the run well early on .. maybe that gets him on the field a bit on early downs when Gary and Preston Smith need a blow.