Round 5 Pick 179; Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE South Carolina

Packerraymond

Kingsley, that's the name for 5th rounders!  

Mixed inputs here.  Some showing stats that he's been an effective SEC pressure guy, even though he lacks RAS.  Other's saying that he's got some set-the-edge capacity.  Not sure if he'll have either in the NFL.  But sometimes we focus on pressure from edges; I think sometimes for a 3-4-5 edge guy, if he could at least be functional at setting the edge that might be an acceptable function?  

Strange for Gute to drift from his pure-RAS ways, though.

46 minutes ago, craig said:

Kingsley, that's the name for 5th rounders!  

Mixed inputs here.  Some showing stats that he's been an effective SEC pressure guy, even though he lacks RAS.  Other's saying that he's got some set-the-edge capacity.  Not sure if he'll have either in the NFL.  But sometimes we focus on pressure from edges; I think sometimes for a 3-4-5 edge guy, if he could at least be functional at setting the edge that might be an acceptable function?  

Strange for Gute to drift from his pure-RAS ways, though.

Length/Strength is the only ever outlier.

2 hours ago, craig said:

The non-sack pressure numbers are there.  The Combine numbers and sack totals are not.  He's gonna kick around the league for a while, but he's really not someone I'm banking on becoming one of our starting EDGE guys.

22 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

So we have 2 EDGE going into the season ?

EDGE is overrated.

Rams just won with Floyd and friggin old Miller.

Interior pressure is the new EDGE rush and we just added one next to Clark.

I mean really how many great EDGE rushers did the Patriots have when they won like a billion Super Bowls?

Coverage is more important for when that pass rush doesn’t get home, and we have that.

We have more than we need at EDGE in my opinion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

EDGE is overrated.

Rams just won with Floyd and friggin old Miller.

Interior pressure is the new EDGE rush and we just added one next to Clark.

I mean really how many great EDGE rushers did the Patriots have when they won like a billion Super Bowls?

Coverage is more important for when that pass rush doesn’t get home, and we have that.

We have more than we need at EDGE in my opinion.

Old milller just got paid more money than all our edges put together probably.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Gold is tough this late, but not impossible. Z was what a 4th rounder? 

It’s possible he has a great two year stretch like Z did at some point in his career.

Not possible he does that in year one, two or three.

If there’s 4 examples in NFL history of a 5th-7th round EDGE making an impact as a rookie, I will eat my hat.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s possible he has a great two year stretch like Z did at some point in his career.

Not possible he does that in year one, two or three.

If there’s 4 examples in NFL history of a 5th-7th round EDGE making an impact as a rookie, I will eat my hat.

gru-eat.gif