The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

On 8/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, MikeT14 said:

GotG3 was fantastic. Maybe the best of the series. I never cared much for them at all when I was younger, but I think Gunn nailed the trilogy. Best Marvel movie for me since Endgame or No Way Home. 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Wow I just watched GOTG3, and holy crap that movie was awesome. Best Marvel anything since Endgame imo.

I finally watched it last night too and thought the same. Been a while since I've been that into a Marvel project honestly. 

• Like 2

I rewatched the Ed Norton Hulk movie last night, and I have to say I think the story was there to make a solid movie. The biggest issues imo were that they really missed the mark on casting that movie, like pretty much every character is poorly cast except William Hurt.  I love Tim Roth as an actor but he's a terrible choice as a super soldier. Ed Norton is also a good actor, but he just seemed to be collecting a paycheck here and wasn't all in on it. Liv Tyler was pretty awful in the movie. I also think it was too early in CGI to pull off a Hulk/Abomination fight at that time.  Its a pretty bad climax to the movie. Other than that I think they could have edited it a little better to make the pacing of the movie faster. 

43 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ed Norton is also a good actor, but he just seemed to be collecting a paycheck here and wasn't all in on it.

Gotta disagree on this point.  As much as I like Mark Ruffalo, he has never felt like Bruce Banner to me.  Esp not with Marvel force-feeding humor to us thru characters that are clearly the straight man (Thor being the most egregious example).  Norton, however, nailed the cerebral complexity and awkwardness making him the best version of Bruce imo.  

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 4:34 PM, thrILL! said:

Gotta disagree on this point.  As much as I like Mark Ruffalo, he has never felt like Bruce Banner to me.  Esp not with Marvel force-feeding humor to us thru characters that are clearly the straight man (Thor being the most egregious example).  Norton, however, nailed the cerebral complexity and awkwardness making him the best version of Bruce imo.  

Give me Eric Bana 

• Like 1

Finally watched GotG 3.   Good movie.   Not as great as some made it sound, but entertaining.    Solid "end".    Very well done emotional parts.    Some of the CG and writing was garbage.

Overall, way better than 2, but not as good as the first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Looking fwd to s2 of What If?  but the rest is... rather underwhelming.

As many are mentioning, I can't get into it as much anymore especially with newer characters. I'll watch the new stuff whenever it comes to Disney+ but that drive just isn't there anymore.

Marvel should have taken a hard break after Endgame wrapped. The multiverse introduction seemed to really throw people out of it along with covid. There were a bunch of factors to it.

16 hours ago, biggio7 said:

As many are mentioning, I can't get into it as much anymore especially with newer characters. I'll watch the new stuff whenever it comes to Disney+ but that drive just isn't there anymore.

Marvel should have taken a hard break after Endgame wrapped. The multiverse introduction seemed to really throw people out of it along with covid. There were a bunch of factors to it.

I think people would have stuck with it had the stories been good. But they really, really weren't. 

16 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Lol. The Multiverse and Covid had nothing to do with it.

Neither did oversaturation.

• Like 1