The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 3/26/2024 at 3:47 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Sorry by ratings I meant viewers 

Yeah 4 million views. But this might be acceptable if the budget is lower for animated than live action.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-men-97-ratings-viewers-1235951732/amp/

“X-Men ’97” hit four million views in its first five days on Disney+.

According to Disney, this marks the streamer’s most-watched Season 1 premiere for a full-length animated series since Marvel’s “What If…?” debuted in 2021, putting “X-Men ’97” ahead of shows including “Iwájú” and “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.” (Animated shorts, such as “Star Wars: Visions,” “I Am Groot” and “Zootopia+” are excluded from this count.)

Edited by Xenos

On 3/26/2024 at 2:18 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Ratings are apparently awful for the first two episodes of XMen. But could also have to do with people wanting to wait till the full show is released.

Could also have alot to do with how awful Disney and Marvel have been over the last 5 years and many people who would likely be interested in this (such as myself) simply dont care enough or trust them anymore to deliver quality content.

I will probably check this out at some point, depending what I hear about the rest of the episodes going forward, but if this were back in the early or mid 2010s, I wouldve immediately tuned in and watched every episode as they came out...both as a fan of the original 90s show and someone who really enjoyed the MCU and the content they put out.     Over the last 5 years, there have been maybe 3 Disney/Marvel things Ive truly enjoyed, and even then, none of them were anything close to what they used to deliver.   

I am willing to bet there are many with the same mindset.   Disney/Marvel has massively tarnished their brand, and it has....and will CONTINUE to affect the amount of viewers they get for any of their projects current and future.  

I like what I am hearing about the episodes so far to be honest....but I am waiting for that one episode where they really show their true colors and revert back to what has turned SOOOO many people away.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Could also have alot to do with how awful Disney and Marvel have been over the last 5 years and many people who would likely be interested in this (such as myself) simply dont care enough or trust them anymore to deliver quality content.

I will probably check this out at some point, depending what I hear about the rest of the episodes going forward, but if this were back in the early or mid 2010s, I wouldve immediately tuned in and watched every episode as they came out...both as a fan of the original 90s show and someone who really enjoyed the MCU and the content they put out.     Over the last 5 years, there have been maybe 3 Disney/Marvel things Ive truly enjoyed, and even then, none of them were anything close to what they used to deliver.   

I am willing to bet there are many with the same mindset.   Disney/Marvel has massively tarnished their brand, and it has....and will CONTINUE to affect the amount of viewers they get for any of their projects current and future.  

I like what I am hearing about the episodes so far to be honest....but I am waiting for that one episode where they really show their true colors and revert back to what has turned SOOOO many people away.

I was skeptical, too...but it really does have that same vibe as the original series. And man...the stories thus far have been great and well-written I felt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D82 said:

I was skeptical, too...but it really does have that same vibe as the original series. And man...the stories thus far have been great and well-written I felt. 

Great to hear, and I hope it continues.   Just hope it maintains that quality. 

On 3/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Ratings are apparently awful for the first two episodes of XMen. But could also have to do with people wanting to wait till the full show is released.

This is where I fall in. I'm waiting until that last week to even start.

With them allegedly being in another universe, been thinking we could see Galactus win in this and destroy their earth. And along those lines we could get a different Silver Surfer when they cross over post Secret Wars, so going with another one/variant makes sense.

But maybe they do just stick with her throughout. Not opposed to them doing Shalla instead of Norrin, was super onboard when it was reportedly Anya Taylor-Joy. Just haven’t seen Julia in stuff to really judge either way if she’s a great choice for it.