Falcons release RB Mike Davis; signed by Ravens

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Does he have anything left?

For us he didn't outside of maybe 1 or 2 random games he did ok in.  But i don't think he is completely cooked maybe he just didn't fit the scheme well here at all who knows.  Patterson looked alot better behind the same line mike ran behind though so i dunno.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

For us he didn't outside of maybe 1 or 2 random games he did ok in.  But i don't think he is completely cooked maybe he just didn't fit the scheme well here at all who knows.  Patterson looked alot better behind the same line mike ran behind though so i dunno.

Pretty much what he was in Chicago 2 years ago too.  He does still have value but it's low. He's a sub-decent option as a short yardage situational back who shows some fight and may surprise you here and there but nothing more. At 29 years old and no upside, there are younger better options out there.  He should only be considered as a last resort to fill out a #3 roster spot at this point IMO.

I imagine some team will take a chance on him for these reasons and/or due to injury or to push younger guys in TC and PS.

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Pretty much what he was in Chicago 2 years ago too.  He does still have value but it's low. He's a sub-decent option as a short yardage situational back who shows some fight and may surprise you here and there but nothing more. At 29 years old and no upside, there are younger better options out there.  He should only be considered as a last resort to fill out a #3 roster spot at this point IMO.

I imagine some team will take a chance on him for these reasons and/or due to injury or to push younger guys in TC and PS.

I will say as a #3 power back for short yardage and imo the thing he does best still pass protection on 3rd down he is serviceable on a super cheap contract.  But like you said a super young back with upside from the draft is a better option at this point.  Tyler Algieer the guy we just drafted was his replacement pretty much.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He was picked up by the Ravens on a 1 year $1.2025M deal. The Ravens withdrew their offer to Ty'Son Williams, making him an UFA.

That coaching staff HATES Ty'Son for some reason... he played pretty decent in the few games he was dressed and given opportunities