2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Meanwhile Rodgers called Lazard “#1 WR” in his interview. 

I wonder if Aaron only let certain kids sit at his table at lunch. Cross him and you’re sitting at the table next to the garbage cans with the chess club.

20 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I wonder if Aaron only let certain kids sit at his table at lunch. Cross him and you’re sitting at the table next to the garbage cans with the chess club.

It's been years since I read it, but if I remember correctly I read somewhere that Rodgers had a cocky, "big man on campus" rep at Cal, and this was one of the factors that turned off 49'ers/McCarthy and led them to pick Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad they picked Smith and we had a chance to pick Rodgers. Just something I remember reading. 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

It's been years since I read it, but if I remember correctly I read somewhere that Rodgers had a cocky, "big man on campus" rep at Cal, and this was one of the factors that turned off 49'ers/McCarthy and led them to pick Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad they picked Smith and we had a chance to pick Rodgers. Just something I remember reading. 

100% remember this coming up again not long ago with an old link to it from before the draft

11 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

8 hours ago, Norm said:

100% remember this coming up again not long ago with an old link to it from before the draft

Rodgers isn't perfect personality wise and I wish he connectedwith some youner pass catcher sooner. But, to be honest, I don't know if i see him being cocky as a neagtive.  In most instances, you want the cocky guy as QB vs choir boy. It seems to be a bit of a neccesary evil for good QBs.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rodgers isn't perfect personality wise and I wish he connectedwith some youner pass catcher sooner. But, to be honest, I don't know if i see him being cocky as a neagtive.  In most instances, you want the cocky guy as QB vs choir boy. It seems to be a bit of a neccesary evil for good QBs.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/aaron-rodgers-cart-encounter-cutest-195339195.html

I hadn't heard about his cockiness in college.  I can see it, though.

But I dig it when I get to read and see some pictures of him like this.   

Those are two very genuine reactions there!

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers shares a moment with a pint-sized shopper at Fresh Thyme Market in Ashwaubenon.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Meanwhile Rodgers called Lazard “#1 WR” in his interview. 

You mean the interview where he said "He's getting an opportunity to be a #1 WR"? Or was there one where he said "Lazard is the #1 WR"?

Honest question.

1 minute ago, ajdodge09 said:

You mean the interview where he said "He's getting an opportunity to be a #1 WR"? Or was there one where he said "Lazard is the #1 WR"?

Honest question.

Don't remember tbh. i just heard him say it and it sure sounded like he viewed him as #1. I could be mistaken. 

I heard him quite clearly say that there is Alan, Sammy and Randall, and that the other guys will push for playing time. I'm not sure how many times AR has spoken to this subject, but he is clearly trying to get Alan to come back and catchabuncha footballs.

5 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I heard him quite clearly say that there is Alan, Sammy and Randall, and that the other guys will push for playing time. I'm not sure how many times AR has spoken to this subject, but he is clearly trying to get Alan to come back and catchabuncha footballs.

It seems like many people are misunderstanding this Lazard situation, he has a build in excuse to not attend OTA's by not signing his RFA deal. By the June 15th deadline he will sign it, there is no drama here. This is not an uncommon practice for RFA's. 

14 minutes ago, R T said:

It seems like many people are misunderstanding this Lazard situation, he has a build in excuse to not attend OTA's by not signing his RFA deal. By the June 15th deadline he will sign it, there is no drama here. This is not an uncommon practice for RFA's. 

It's uncommon to skip mandatory events as an RFA, it's borderline a holdout at this point. Tonyan signed his in May.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's uncommon to skip mandatory events as an RFA, it's borderline a holdout at this point. Tonyan signed his in May.

This ^

They'll figure it out.

I wouldnt mind Lazard signing a modest extension - modest in that his production to date doesn't warrant breaking the bank on him at this stage. How modest an extension Lazard would be willing to sign at this juncture......therein lies the rub.

I don't think Lazard is looking for a modest extension. He's going to make 4 million this year when he signs his tender. I think he's looking at some of the contracts WR's signed this year and figures he can cash in with a season of increased production (700+ yards).