2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

Before pads come on, I usually pay attention to receivers and corners. 

Once the pads come on, I’ll watch the big guys a little closer. The year Kampman broke out, I was noticing him beating Tauscher quite a bit. He had lost some weight and there were questions how his game would be affected. 

But if you watch a group long enough at practice, you can predict some things that will be coming in the games. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Once the pads come on, I’ll watch the big guys a little closer. The year Kampman broke out, I was noticing him beating Tauscher quite a bit. He had lost some weight and there were questions how his game would be affected. 

But if you watch a group long enough at practice, you can predict some things that will be coming in the games. 

I remember watching Sam Shields.  No doubt he was going to be a player right away.

I also remember when they moved Kampman to an OLB position.  It was not pretty at all.  Knew that was not a spot for him.

• Like 2

LaFleur said "everyone who is currently signed on our roster is here" and will take part in the mandatory minicamp at some level (whether it's practice or rehab). WR Alan Lazard, however, is not here. He has not signed his RFA tender and thus isn't required to be.

Matt LaFleur says Sammy Watkins was present for two OTA practices last week. So this isn't his first time he'll be on the #Packers practice field. It is the first time he'll practice with Aaron Rodgers.

Even though these minicamp practices are similarly formatted to OTAs, Matt LaFleur says there's another layer of #Packers offense that can be implemented with QB1 here: "That is going to be an unknown right now, to see how those guys respond in those situations."

Edited by Brat&Beer

This might be shocking to some, but Aaron Rodgers looks like he still knows how to throw a football despite missing voluntary OTAs.

Andy Herman
There is no lack of confidence in Juwan Winfree. Carries himself like he’s a WR1. Has been first in line in wr drills. Has caught everything with confidence. What it amounts to if anything will remain to be seen, but he certainly exudes confidence.

Gafford, Amari, Cobb, and Doubs working at PR in ST drills. You’re showing off his gunning skills.

Aaron Rodgers just greeted Brian Gutekunst with a hearty handshake and a couple pats on the back here at practice. They’re now laughing together. You want minicamp play-by-play? You’re getting minicamp play-by-play.

Nixon, Toure, Winfree, and Gafford all with nice reps as gunners. Kiondre Thomas with a really great rep as a gunner. Smoked Vernon Scott and was right in the returners face.

Douglas getting first reps in slot. Preston/Gary Reed/Slaton/Clark Campbell / Walker & Barnes rotating Jaire / Stokes / Douglas Amos /Savage

#Packers have Rasul Douglas at slot CB, Jaire Alexander on the right perimeter opposite Eric Stokes. There goes the idea of shoehorning Alexander into the slot. Could certainly see him inside at times, but a sign it won’t be exclusive. Douglas’ safety size beefs up the interior.

Team drills upcoming. Douglas once again in the slot. Quay with ones  First play deep ball to Watson with Jaire in unsurprisingly perfect coverage.

Quay with a nice read and quick “tackle” of Dillon on a slant. Absolutely gorgeous one handed catch by Watkins with insane coverage by Alexander. Beautiful play by 11.

#Packers swapped Yosh Nijman and Cole Van Lanen back to left and right tackle with Jordan Love at QB. Nijman has taken RT snaps with Aaron Rodgers, but still getting some work on the blindside.

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

One day that stood out to me was watching Geronimo Allison completely fleece Tramon Williams. I thought it said a ton of Allison's ability but it ended up saying more about Tramon's. 

11 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

One day that stood out to me was watching Geronimo Allison completely fleece Tramon Williams. I thought it said a ton of Allison's ability but it ended up saying more about Tramon's. 

I remember watching Tod McBride. I thought this guy looks awful. He has no shot at making the team. He wasn’t great, but he ended up sticking with the team for 4 years. That’s when I knew I wasn’t a scout.

• Like 4