2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

1 hour ago, Norm said:

This is the exact kind of thinking I'm trying to tell you guys to not have though lol

Just let the damn thing play out. It's still May today. 

No one's overreacting but it's worth talking about how our staff still feels the need to hold out our $25m LT from basic drills 17 months after his ACL injury. It's concerning. 

Only thing that makes me feel better is that we cut Turner and you'd have to believe Gute wouldn't make such a reckless mistake of cutting Turner if Bak wasn't 100%, beyond doubt, ready. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No one's overreacting but it's worth talking about how our staff still feels the need to hold out our $25m LT from basic drills 17 months after his ACL injury. It's concerning. 

Only thing that makes me feel better is that we cut Turner and you'd have to believe Gute wouldn't make such a reckless mistake of cutting Turner if Bak wasn't 100%, beyond doubt, ready. 

Or the reason they drafted 3 LT's this year is because they don't believe he will ever be the player he was and plan on cutting him March of 2023. 

• Like 1

MLF knows he can't publicly criticize individual players for not showing up to OTA's. But that doesn't mean he can't show his frustration at the overall situation.

“Each guy has that right to make that choice,” he said before practice. “If you’re asking me, I want everybody here. So, I think some of the thought process may have changed over what’s transpired over the last two years, especially with our COVID situation where we didn’t have OTAs. But my thing to our guys is, well, neither did anybody else. So, everybody had the same circumstances that they were dealing with. With everybody being open, you'd like to see as many guys as possible here.”

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I have a feeling Doubs is going to be this summers Winfree and Watson is going to be treated like J'Mon Moore!!!

I hope Watson shows more than J’mon Moore. 

The drops aren’t super concerning if it was someone who didn’t already have that reputation. Doubs, a sure handed guy, dropping passes while he’s over thinking would be a big non issue. But Watson, a guy who drops the ball a lot, still dropping the ball a lot is a concern. 

Edited by JordanLoveFTW

4 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I hope Watson shows more than J’mon Moore. 

The drops aren’t super concerning if it was someone who didn’t already have that reputation. Doubs, a sure handed guy, dropping passes while he’s over thinking would be a big non issue. But Watson, a guy who drops the ball a lot, still dropping the ball a lot is a concern. 

You are a genius. You knew he would suck.

Cut him and move on.

The troll has spoken!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Christian Watson had another drop against air in drills today. His hands have definitely been questionable. I don’t think there’s been a practice yet where he hasn’t dropped at least one pass. Does it matter much? Prob not - but noteworthy at least.

Bust.

• Like 1