2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

8 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

None of the clips are just bad drops. High throws, low throws, off line throws. S couple could have been caught but if this is your proof Watson has bad hands then you failed., We will see. 

Quite the opposite, this wasn't to show he has bad hands, just all the drops or near drops I could find from the last season. Which I agree most aren't bad drops except maybe the 2nd one.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

Who cares about drops? The top 8 guys in terms of drops last year were Ja'Marr Chase, D.J. Moore, Travis Kelce, Deebo Samuel, Darnell Mooney, Alvin Kamara, Cooper Kupp and Keenan Allen. 7 of them had over 1000 yards.How good Watson turns out to be will depend much more on whether he can create separation, run the routes correctly, make contested catches and make yards after the catch.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Who cares about drops? The top 8 guys in terms of drops last year were Ja'Marr Chase, D.J. Moore, Travis Kelce, Deebo Samuel, Darnell Mooney, Alvin Kamara, Cooper Kupp and Keenan Allen. 7 of them had over 1000 yards.How good Watson turns out to be will depend much more on whether he can create separation, run the routes correctly, make contested catches and make yards after the catch.

This. If you can’t get open, you won’t see the ball and will have zero drops because the ball never comes your way. The more passes thrown your way, the more chances for drops. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Why are we arguing whether Christian Watson has bad hands. He played 4 full years of college football. He has bad hands. That’s not up for debate. It’s just a matter of how devastating it might be to his career.

You're a little late to the party pal

On 6/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, JordanLoveFTW said:

2010 top 4 front line players

Cullen Jenkins

BJ Raji

Ryan Pickett

Clay Matthews 

vs 

2022 top 4 front line players 

Preston

Wyatt

Clark

Gary

Who you got? 

I like the guys we’ve got now if Wyatt is a player.

I've got the guys that won us a ring and were proven.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, Gopackgonerd said:

You're a little late to the party pal

go read what the Bison beat reporter says about Watson and drops. He had 16 total in 4 years with many of the drops on balls other receivers would never have got too. The offense the Bisons ran was not  a ball control passing game as much as an all out air raid when they passed. Watson has been guilty of losing concentration at times so he needs to work on that. So stop calling him bad hands because he will get it fixed. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 12:44 AM, Brat&Beer said:

Green Bay Packers Mind Blown GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

8 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

go read what the Bison beat reporter says about Watson and drops. He had 16 total in 4 years with many of the drops on balls other receivers would never have got too. The offense the Bisons ran was not  a ball control passing game as much as an all out air raid when they passed. Watson has been guilty of losing concentration at times so he needs to work on that. So stop calling him bad hands because he will get it fixed. 

Yeah .. I think any issues he has are fixable.  Saw a video on youtube of him have some trouble with catches where he had to reach up high.  They had a term for what he was doing, but it looked fixable.  Basically he arms were too wide and his hands weren't together soon enough.  He's try to ****** it out of the air at the last second and dropped a few.  He may have already fixed it for all I know.

He has average hands and probably always will, but I don’t see it as MVS bad. Primarily because I’ve seen him make really good catches outside his frame (rarely saw this from MVS) and because he has good ball tracking skills—which I think is underrated when evaluating a WR. Watson also did not get the benefit of a lot of easy catches near the line of scrimmage (e.g. bubble screens)—which will pad a WRs catch rate. His average depth of target was amongst the highest of this year’s draft picks.

Edited by TheEagle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Just read that Davante has 54 receptions and 10 drops his second year. I knew he struggled, but I didn’t realize he had that many drops.

It is good, and wise, to remember the struggles WR's have before they become very, very good.  It isn't easy.  

Except for Kumerow.  Everything was naturally easy for him.