2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

Finally! i'm calling it - he will score the winning TD in the superbowl. Hoo Rah!

Seriously. Didn't think we needed to add an 9th EDGE into the training camp competition. Interesting that he was chosen over Ryder Anderson who is much more physically gifted, figured perhaps the team might explore using him as a field goal blocker.

Thought we would add another safety or TE instead as I felt the depth in those positions was a little short.

Anyway, no long snapper competition. I'm a little surprised at that. Maybe we're just waiting for other LS to fail their tryouts elsewhere so that we can bring them here for another tryout.

First 90-man roster is set. It will change multiple times between now and August. By this point last year, guys like Campbell, Cobb, Bojo and Kelly weren't on the roster. Gute will likely make a few similar moves in the next month or two. The two positions I think we'll most likely add to are DB and TE. 

On 5/8/2022 at 5:23 AM, Chili said:

Still no news on which tryout guys made the roster. I trawled through all their twitter accounts and nothing yet...

If i'm being wildly optimistic:

Sign Sean Dykes [TE/FB]

Sign Cameron Kaye [LS] - Release Molson [K] or Eberle [K]

Sign Spillum [S] or Williams [S] - Release Tre Sterling [S]

Sign Keke Chism [WR] - Release Danny Davis [WR]

Sign Ryan Wisniewski [WR] - Release Rico Gafford [WR]

Sign Ryder Anderson [OLB/DE] - Release Ladarius Hamilton [OLB]

How did that workout for you Captain? 🙄

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

First 90-man roster is set. It will change multiple times between now and August. By this point last year, guys like Campbell, Cobb, Bojo and Kelly weren't on the roster. Gute will likely make a few similar moves in the next month or two. The two positions I think we'll most likely add to are DB and TE. 

Yeah....I'm in discussion with them regards that CB4 position. I promise to break the news here first :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Coco beats out Wirtel just because of this terrible play in the NFC Divisional Playoff game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHk-stBnoIo

Wirtel as far as long snappers go is an athletic freak. He's one of the fastest LS ever to come out of the combine which is great for getting down the field quickly. He's also 6'4" so he has that size and speed traits that made him an attractive LS prospect for us to develop. BUT....he's too upright and lacks that heavy set build to sustain his blocks as this video shows.

Coco is slightly shorter but he's much stockier at 248lbs compared to Wirtel 235lbs. He's a little bit stronger and just as agile but he does concede to Wirtel everywhere else. Not only that he didn't long snap at all last season focusing on playing TE. Hopefully he has enough natural talent to transition back easily and play at a consistent level to compete with Wirtel. He has a great name though and therefore he should win the LS competition.

FBQhg3uWUAkF4bl?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chili said:

I hope Coco beats out Wirtel just because of this terrible play in the NFC Divisional Playoff game

Wirtel as far as long snappers go is an athletic freak. He's one of the fastest LS ever to come out of the combine which is great for getting down the field quickly.

Not that great at not getting run over like a carboard cutout of a blocker…

Honestly, that was pretty Bostick-y.

Bostick and Wirtel sittin in a tree

S-U-C-K-I-N-G

First comes dumba$$

Then comes rag toss

Then comes NFC championship loss!

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Chili said:

Wirtel as far as long snappers go is an athletic freak. He's one of the fastest LS ever to come out of the combine which is great for getting down the field quickly. He's also 6'4" so he has that size and speed traits that made him an attractive LS prospect for us to develop. BUT....he's too upright and lacks that heavy set build to sustain his blocks as this video shows.

Coco is slightly shorter but he's much stockier at 248lbs compared to Wirtel 235lbs. He's a little bit stronger and just as agile but he does concede to Wirtel everywhere else. Not only that he didn't long snap at all last season focusing on playing TE. Hopefully he has enough natural talent to transition back easily and play at a consistent level to compete with Wirtel. He has a great name though and therefore he should win the LS competition.

FBQhg3uWUAkF4bl?format=jpg&name=large

First time watching that since it happened live. My guess is that is why Henry Black is no longer on this football team. Imagine being the position called "the protector" and not even looking at the rush, only your way out to track the punt.

Just like Bostick, I imagine Wirtel and Black will not be on next year's squad as there are some blown assignments that are just unforgivable.

• Like 2