2023 Draft Talk

swede700

I’m hoping all that Lance traded to the Vikings during the draft steam is just that — steam/meaningless rumors. Rather just extend Cousins if that’s what is on the table. 

As for the actual draft, I see us trading up a couple spots and taking Joey Porter Jr. or Brian Breese. I don’t see them both falling to #23 at all. 

Would be shocked if we found a way to get into the Top 10 for a QB. Wouldn’t be mad, just can’t see that happening. 

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think there's a pretty good chance they'd pass.  He just doesn't sound like a guy that Josh McDaniels would be interested in.  He already blew it with a guy like Tebow, I think he'll look for a different type of QB.

That's true.  Richardson probably isn't the player to draft if you are on the hot seat.  

I don't know if he is it at all but he probably is feeling the pressure to get some immediate results

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's true.  Richardson probably isn't the player to draft if you are on the hot seat.  

I don't know if he is it at all but he probably is feeling the pressure to get some immediate results

It wouldn’t make sense to draft an inaccurate QB who is not NFL ready, when we have so many other positions of need. I know for sure that Justin Jefferson will hate to have a QB who is inaccurate. So if for some odd reason, we do draft Anthony Richardson, we can say goodbye to the best WR in football. However I believe Kwesi and O’Connell are smarter than that and I think these are just smoke screens before the draft. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

It wouldn’t make sense to draft an inaccurate QB who is not NFL ready, when we have so many other positions of need. 

When the draft isn't really strong at the positions you truly need, then yes it makes sense, especially when looking at the long-term. 

If you're continually basing your draft on how can my team be better this year than you probably won't be a GM for long. That's what free agency is for. The draft should be treated as how can I make my team better 2,3,4,5 years from now. You need to have a long view.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

When the draft isn't really strong at the positions you truly need, then yes it makes sense, especially when looking at the long-term. 

This draft is actually deep at CB, DI, Edge, LB and WR. Those also happen to be all of our biggest needs. I don’t know about y’all but I would truly hate it if we don’t draft a defensive player in the first round, when we had one of the worst defenses last year and haven’t don’t much in free agency to fix it. 

Edited by Purplepride323

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I've never seen him play, but is Bryce Young really the top QB? A tiny QB from Alabama?

I’m still convinced that the Panthers want Stroud, the Texans want Young, the Colts want Levis, and a team will trade up to 3 for Richardson.

15 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

This draft is actually deep at CB, DI, Edge, LB and WR. Those also happen to be all of our biggest needs. I don’t know about y’all but I would truly hate it if we don’t draft a defensive player in the first round, when we had one of the worst defenses last year and haven’t don’t much in free agency to fix it. 

They do have a number of defensive players from last year that will hopefully contribute

These are the guys that I want with our first pick.

CB Joey Porter Jr

CB Devon Witherspoon

CB Christian Gonzalez

CB Cam Smith

WR Jordan Addison

WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba

DT Bryan Bresee

S Brian Branch

CB Deonte Banks

WR Zay Flowers

Edited by Kparty15