2023 Draft Talk

swede700

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m curious how NFL teams view Levis’ age, and if it might cause him to drop a bit. 

He'll only be 24...while it's a little older than some, if he's a good QB, he'll play in the league for at least a decade.  It's not a John Beck or Brandon Weeden situation.  He's the same age as Pickett was when he was drafted last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He'll only be 24...while it's a little older than some, if he's a good QB, he'll play in the league for at least a decade.  It's not a John Beck or Brandon Weeden situation.  He's the same age as Pickett was when he was drafted last year. 

I certainly don’t think it’s going to be a deal breaker. But he’s 2 years older than the 3 other top QB prospects, so I just wonder if it factors in when teams look at those 4. 

3 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

People overlook the film and production for the weight. Make it make sense lol. 

well, it's about nfl projection. There are thresholds for every position where you can envision a player succeeding, or there is a lot of historical data suggesting they would succeed if they meet those specific thresholds.

166lbs is just, really really light. 

3 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

People overlook the film and production for the weight. Make it make sense lol. 

Some people do...if he were playing in the MAC, that would be a red flag.  The fact that he played in the SEC helps overcome that, but I'd be surprised if he's going to be an immediate contributor because he needs to put some meat on that frame. 

• Like 1

I love Phillips' play but I think these measurements will put to bed any boundary cb projection for him in the NFL (Unless hes just as amazing as Duke Shelley). But look at those arms! Shorter than Trent McDuffie from last year.

I think he's going to make a beast of a slot cb though

35 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

well, it's about nfl projection. There are thresholds for every position where you can envision a player succeeding, or there is a lot of historical data suggesting they would succeed if they meet those specific thresholds.

166lbs is just, really really light. 

I understand that but the league is constantly changing. Devonta Smith and Sauce Gardner had the same weight concerns, but they turned out just fine. In my opinion, if you can play, you can play. Weight and size isn’t a determining factor of whether or not a player can perform well. I do admit 166 is the lightest I’ve seen a player weigh, but I trust the NFL nutritionists to figure out a way to bulk him up a bit. It’s much easier for a guy to put on weight, then to learn how to cover if you ask me. 

Edited by Purplepride323

10 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I understand that but the league is constantly changing. Devonta Smith and Sauce Gardner had the same weight concerns, but they turned out just fine. In my opinion, if you can play, you can play. Weight and size isn’t a determining factor of whether or not a player can perform well. I do admit 166 is the lightest I’ve seen a player weigh, but I trust the NFL nutritionists to figure out a way to bulk him up a bit. It’s much easier for a guy to put on weight, then to learn how to cover if you ask me. 

My worry is that he'll spend too much time on the trainer's table, and that's not something our secondary can afford. Dantzler, Booth and Evans are all guys with now significant injury histories. Taken alone, Forbes seems worth the risk. But taken with the other CBs on the roster, I'd have reservations.