Browns 2022 Schedule Reaction

brownie man

All I ask is no more than 2 primetime games. Since turning 30+ years old I have grown to despise primetime games for my team because I hate waiting all the way until 8:30pm to watch my team play---especially MNF games. I would rather watch the Browns play at 9am on Sunday than have a MNF game.

Plus, it really throws off my Sunday football watching schedule rhythm. Give me 17 straight weeks at 1pm on Sunday please. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

We still have to show up with maximum effort to win these games.

5 home games before the bye.

6 of 9 games on the road after the bye. Ouch.

But I really like all the 1 pm kickoffs. Last year, we had to alter our kickoffs to 4 pm for home games when we were playing a West Coast team. WHY? It is called home field advantage for a reason.

I really like the NO West Coast trips.

All in all, this is the first schedule in many years I have seen where I got the feeling the league was not intentionally trying to punish the Browns. This is a very fair schedule.

Edited by brooks1957

Some good stretches of games 

Start out with 4 winnable games and then go into a 4 tough game stretch. If they can be 5-3 or 6-2 then things will be looking really good. Really depends on the Watson suspension and how healthy the team is.

8 teams that have big question marks at QB (2x Pitt), means those are must win games. Need to split with Cin and Bal and win 2 vs LAC, Buf, TB, NE. 12 wins should win the division 

Everyone keeps saying "If Watson is suspended...."

For what? Because the NFL says so? Based on the court of public opinion?

I think the NFL gets one shot at this and they want to make it count. It can't be a powerful suspension without a conviction in criminal court or judgements against him in civil court. And with legal proceedings already agreed to pause between Aug 2022 and March 2023 - the possibility of a suspension grows dimmer by the day in my mind.

I think #4 is under center all year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Everyone keeps saying "If Watson is suspended...."

For what? Because the NFL says so? Based on the court of public opinion?

I think the NFL gets one shot at this and they want to make it count. It can't be a powerful suspension without a conviction in criminal court or judgements against him in civil court. And with legal proceedings already agreed to pause between Aug 2022 and March 2023 - the possibility of a suspension grows dimmer by the day in my mind.

I think #4 is under center all year.

I agree at this point.

If they’re gonna suspend him based on what’s happened so far, what are they waiting for?

I think it’s possible he’s suspended, but I agree it’s maybe more likely next year.