The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It amazes me how much Carr-stans love the middle. 

There is no reward without risk. Imagine if Gruden would have had the stones to get rid of Carr and take a risky bet on Josh Allen how much further along this franchise would be. 

Yes... I acknowledge the player could bust. Who cares.... it's one draft pick. This is a QB driven league. You can spend years building a roster and still be hamstrung with a bad QB - Jets, Commanders, Panthers, Colts come to mind recently.

51qQzKVbXEL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg 

It’s only a one pick risk if you select a guy at 7, if they trade up that would be multiple picks that were wasted. I’m not against taking a QB but I am against it if I’m trading the farm for someone who has a ton of flaws. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chali21 said:

It’s only a one pick risk if you select a guy at 7, if they trade up that would be multiple picks that were wasted. I’m not against taking a QB but I am against it if I’m trading the farm for someone who has a ton of flaws. 

I think Richardson is worth the risk at 7. If you actually think McDaniels can develop a qb (questionable), it is worth the risk. Trade up for Richardson? Hell no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

BP gonna get ya!! Better watch out lol

Fwiw Carter is still very high on my BB. However I can totally understand why our FO would pass on him especially given our Ruggs disaster. I still feel like I would take the risk associated with him since he's the best player in the draft imo. But damn has he ever cost himself a ton of money...

Such a hard situation to sift through.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw Carter is still very high on my BB. However I can totally understand why our FO would pass on him especially given our Ruggs disaster. I still feel like I would take the risk associated with him since he's the best player in the draft imo. But damn has he ever cost himself a ton of money...

Such a hard situation to sift through.

I was insanely high on him until they played OSU and he was non-existent on the field and off the field. After all this off-season stuff came up, I've completely soured on him for reasons like you said when talking about the Ruggs disaster. Vegas isn't for everyone and, like I said w/ the QB situation, if we were in a better situation to take a shot at something w/ a ton of question marks, I'd be good w/ it. Fact is, our roster sucks outside of the WR room and we could really use this high draft pick on something that looks a lot better. My entire outlook would change if our team was better but the reality of it is - we are terrible in many areas.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I was insanely high on him until they played OSU and he was non-existent on the field and off the field. After all this off-season stuff came up, I've completely soured on him for reasons like you said when talking about the Ruggs disaster. Vegas isn't for everyone and, like I said w/ the QB situation, if we were in a better situation to take a shot at something w/ a ton of question marks, I'd be good w/ it. Fact is, our roster sucks outside of the WR room and we could really use this high draft pick on something that looks a lot better. My entire outlook would change if our team was better but the reality of it is - we are terrible in many areas.

If he goes to a team like Philly I am going to be pissed. High level talent and vets on the DL, winning. culture, team demanding accountability... He'd be a consistent all-pro there I believe.

I wish we had stronger vets on D to keep his **** in line like a Justin Tuck or Seymour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There is no reward without risk. Imagine if Gruden would have had the stones to get rid of Carr and take a risky bet on Josh Allen how much further along this franchise would be. 

Yes... I acknowledge the player could bust. Who cares.... it's one draft pick. This is a QB driven league. You can spend years building a roster and still be hamstrung with a bad QB - Jets, Commanders, Panthers, Colts come to mind recently.

A team has to be ready to get a young QB or he’ll bust. The team needs to be solid all around for a young QB to be successful. If Allen was drafted by the Raiders he probably wouldn’t be in the NFL by now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Been saying this for years. Carr’s hardcore fans are like people who work for a little over minimum wage and 9-5 every day and instead of looking for a better career that makes 2x to 10x their income they say “too risky”. They are content with underwhelming results as long as it’s not complete failure. Even if it’s 20 years (they seriously would have kept Carr 20 years). 

Maybe not the greatest analogy off the top of my head, admittedly, but Carr guys basically remind me of people who have no “drive” in real life if their life is going “ok enough”. 

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Were they dropped bc they were bad passes or were they dropped bc they were inaccurate but still somewhat on target? And the same issues the year before? Why? 

Again, would prefer a far more polished product than this guy who doesn't look good, at all

The few things that I saw, Richardson played very very well, but his WR's just sucked. Again, they were probably cherry picked game tape videos, but they were really good examples of Richardson making spot on throws but the WR's just couldn't handle it. 

And yea, they had the same WR's last year as this year for the most part. Matter of fact, last year Florida didn't have 1 WR drafted, and this year their only WR eligible is projected to be undrafted. I'm not saying Richardson couldn't be better, but I am saying that you don't have to look very far or hard to see there are more reasons to his completion percentage stat than just him. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Been saying this for years. Carr’s hardcore fans are like people who work for a little over minimum wage and 9-5 every day and instead of looking for a better career that makes 2x to 10x their income they say “too risky”. They are content with underwhelming results as long as it’s not complete failure. Even if it’s 20 years (they seriously would have kept Carr 20 years). 

Maybe not the greatest analogy off the top of my head, admittedly, but Carr guys basically remind me of people who have no “drive” in real life if their life is going “ok enough”. 

Horrible take 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Horrible take 

You would have kept Carr 20 years. Period. Even though he’s not very good. You are too bias to ever be involved in business decision making. 

Moving on. Not here to discuss Carr. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This Jalen Carter stuff is pretty damning. I can't believe the enormous plunge this guy may take draft day. Much like the Tunsil case but instead of dope in a gas mask it's drunken racing where people died.

What an idiot.

Did something else come out about the whole situation recently?

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think that analogy is more of what you want to believe then what the truth is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not a Carr-stans. No matter how badly you want that to be true, it simply isn't. You can wish it more than you do that Carter was your husband and it still won't become true.

Clown

Sick burn dude....

All you Carr-stans are the same.... so easily triggered if someone disagrees with you. Get all in your emotions and starting making derogatory comments like a bunch of 14 year olds. 

Who hurt you guys?