2022 Around league

dll2000

14 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah I saw that too 😉

16 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Looks like he was 24 to start the season.

Born in ‘89.  So whatever math is.  Probably 24.  Neither here nor there.  Just saw it in comment section of an article on athletic.  

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Not sure what the comp pick situation was, but Hicks signed with Tampa today on a 1 year deal worth up to 10 million.

it's nothing, comp picks fall off after the draft now

we REALLY needed him to sign this before the draft. I ~think~ we still would have needed one more player to sign elsewhere, but if it we just needed hicks, i think it would have net us a 3rd for losing ARob. could always cut a guy or two from the bottom of the roster to recoup it though, ala Mike Davis 2 years ago

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Regardless I hope Hicks stays healthy and is a monster for TB. He went to a team that can give him the shot at a Super Bowl, so I (almost) have to root for them.

At least defensively. lol

You don’t like Brady?  

46 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You don’t like Brady?  

Honestly I think knowing in just 3 years in the NFC he could have more super bowls than the bears and the same number of super bowl appearances annoys me. Nothing against him personally.

Thinking about it now though the same could be said about Rodgers if Brady wins this year too. Now Im kind of conflicted. Lol

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly I think knowing in just 3 years in the NFC he could have more super bowls than the bears and the same number of super bowl appearances annoys me. Nothing against him personally.

Thinking about it now though the same could be said about Rodgers if Brady wins this year too. Now Im kind of conflicted. Lol

It is a low bar.   

But hard for me to hate Brady when he lacks elite athleticism and Michigan basically benched him for Drew Henson and then he was a late round pick playing behind an already pro bowl number one overall pick.  If you were creating a 90s NFL prototype QB in a lab you might create Drew Bledsoe.  Then he ends up with career he did.   You can't make that stuff up.

Only thing arguably wilder is Kurt Warner's story.  His coach was literally publicly crying when he thought Warner had to be his starting QB and all he does is set all kinds of records en route to a SB.  

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/allsteelers-plus/pittsburgh-steelers-otas-second-year-stud-rookie-star

"George Pickens Already Looks Like a Star

Look, the Steelers are excited about George Pickens, the fans are excited about George Pickens and the media is even excited about George Pickens. But this dude has already blown all expectations out of the water. 

Chase Claypool looks like a big guy who can move better than most players. Pickens looks like he's got Diontae Johnson's route running, Calvin Austin's speed, and Claypool's size. 

It's insane. 

This guy is already a star in my head. Hopefully he doesn't prove me wrong."

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting feeling that this is Rodgers last football season.   Cousins likely has two more years.  

Goff is in a prove it year.  

Half the division may reset at QB next year and then Cousins the next.  

Detroit is building a talented young base sans QB though.  

If Bears don’t internally implode from their ‘remodel’, weather it and add high end talent next season they could be well positioned for near future.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think the majority of us have been saying for years that Mayfield is nothing more than a below average starting QB and seeing the Browns finally admitting this to themselves is a step in the right direction.  But the same can't be said for the Panthers.

First they give up on Cam (and rightfully so). Then they sign Bridgewater to a 3/63 starter deal, when he's not starting material and never will be. Then 1 year later they give up a 2, 4, 6 picks for Sam freaking Darnold lol, who is nothing more than a low end backup QB. Then 1 year later they give up three FRP, one 3rd, and two 4s for Watson, who I think is largely overrated --even before the scandal. And now they give up a conditional 5th round pick for Baker, which is not a bad deal for him in all honesty--you can do much worse, and they have.

But Jesus, what the hell are they doing?  Tell us you have no faith in your staff to ever properly develop a QB without ever saying you have no faith.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I think the majority of us have been saying for years that Mayfield is nothing more than a below average starting QB and seeing the Browns finally admitting this to themselves is a step in the right direction.  But the same can't be said for the Panthers.

First they give up on Cam (and rightfully so). Then they sign Bridgewater to a 3/63 starter deal, when he's not starting material and never will be. Then 1 year later they give up a 2, 4, 6 picks for Sam freaking Darnold lol, who is nothing more than a low end backup QB. Then 1 year later they give up three FRP, one 3rd, and two 4s for Watson, who I think is largely overrated --even before the scandal. And now they give up a conditional 5th round pick for Baker, which is not a bad deal for him in all honesty--you can do much worse, and they have.

But Jesus, what the hell are they doing?  Tell us you have no faith in your staff to ever properly develop a QB without ever saying you have no faith.

They've needed to draft a QB for half a decade it seems.

To be fair to them, both Mayfield and Bridgewater were reasonable. They're low-level NFL starters. But Darnold was a disaster waiting to happen. It amazes me how hesitant NFL teams are to give up on highly-drafted players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't care enough to go back and check but I do remember some Bears fans wanting us to sign Teddy and Darnold at one point. Is Mayfield next? Please, don't. We have our own problems at developing QBs lol.

I never liked Teddy after he was drafted.  He just isn’t a good enough athlete. That is largely Baker’s problem too. That and his height in pocket which he struggles with, yes I understand some other QBs overcome it. Not all do. 

I thought Darnold was worth a flyer when it was clear MT wasn’t working and we were desperate.  I just wanted to see if it was Jets or him.  Turns out is was both.  He has the physical talent, just isn’t a good QB for whatever reasons. 

Now I kinda wonder about MT.  Hope he starts for Pittsburgh to see what he can do with different coaches.  It is possible he is not as bad as everyone thinks at this point.