2022 Around league

dll2000

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Remember this video when you hear this dude clowning on Poles this year:

Meh. Nobody is always right in their pre and post-draft assessments. The media guys like him are only targeted more because they have a bigger stage. It's their jobs to state their opinions.

20 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Meh. Nobody is always right in their pre and post-draft assessments. The media guys like him are only targeted more because they have a bigger stage. It's their jobs to state their opinions.

It actually does them well to exaggerate their opinions too. Still, that is a hell of a podium to put Darnold on. lol

Bakhtiari or however you spell his name is on PUP.  

So at this point I think this was either a botched surgery or this guy just doesn’t want really want to play football anymore.  

At least at less than 100%. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/kyler-murray-s-new-contract-with-cardinals-mandates-four-hours-of-independent-st

Interesting clause in Kyler Murray's contract that stipulates he has to have 4 hours of independent film study per week. This time is to be done undistracted. I wonder if the Cardinals question his work ethic and if they do why sign him to such a lucrative deal? It seems to me that great players that you want to lead your team should not have to be mandated to do film study. This is something that they should do without having to be told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/kyler-murray-s-new-contract-with-cardinals-mandates-four-hours-of-independent-st

Interesting clause in Kyler Murray's contract that stipulates he has to have 4 hours of independent film study per week. This time is to be done undistracted. I wonder if the Cardinals question his work ethic and if they do why sign him to such a lucrative deal? It seems to me that great players that you want to lead your team should not have to be mandated to do film study. This is something that they should do without having to be told.

That is humiliating that they put that in there and I would never pay a guy that kind of money if I felt the need to do that.

Plus 4 hours?  4? For a pro? 

When I coached 10 year olds while having a full time job I independently watched our film from previous week and upcoming opponent about 6 - 8 hours (because I had to break it all down)  and then again together with other coaches and players another 3 or so.

Other coaches the same.  The advent of HUDL knocked some time off that as it was a nice piece of software.

Football just takes a lot of time.  It’s a strategic game.  

What do you think Peyton Manning did?  Would anyone think for even a second that clause would be in a contract for Peyton? 

Imagine putting that in a coaches contract.  

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Supposedly it voids his guaranteed money.

17 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Rapoport posted the actual language, so it looks like it can void the whole contract if they wanted to pursue that.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Rapoport posted the actual language, so it looks like it can void the whole contract if they wanted to pursue that.

How many video games and what not does this guy play that they felt the need to put a clause like this in his deal??! 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How many video games and what not does this guy play that they felt the need to put a clause like this in his deal??! 

It would be fun to troll him at news conferences each week and ask if he got his 4 hours in.

• Like 1

Julio Jones signed in Tampa. Lol.

If this means Tyler Johnson finds himself on the outside of the numbers game there at the end of the preseason I’d like to see us put in a flyer on him as a back of the WR group guy. Always been a fan of his game and think when not stuck behind the embarrassment of riches they have down there at the skill positions he could become a pretty useful complementary piece. 

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If this means Tyler Johnson finds himself on the outside of the numbers game there at the end of the preseason I’d like to see us put in a flyer on him as a back of the WR group guy. Always been a fan of his game and think when not stuck behind the embarrassment of riches they have down there at the skill positions he could become a pretty useful complementary piece. 

I wouldn't think they would part with Johnson just because they signed Julio Jones to a 1 year deal to play like 5 games as he always does

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Scotty Miller is the one who interests me the most if he is cut…down season last year but came up big in 2020.

• Like 1