Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We see our defense give up long drives, and occasionally point on the first drive, a lot. And I can’t help but believe that it’s something that Zimmer allows by design. 

Every team has their first drive (5-10 or so plays) scripted. And it’s almost as if Zimmer let’s opposing teams run those plays, and sacrifices that first drive, so that he gets to see what the opponent’s game plan is. Then he makes his adjustments and the defense tightens up.

There's no way Zimmer is allowing points on purpose.  I'm sure he does make adjustments after the first drive though, and it appears he's making good ones.

Jared Goff and the Rams seemed to be playing downhill on the opening series Sunday, running no-huddle and speeding 75 yards in nine plays for a touchdown in 4 minutes, 18 seconds to silence the crowd at U.S. Bank Stadium. Over the remaining 55:42, the Vikings' defense -- as loaded with difference-makers as anybody right now -- held the Rams to all of 179 yards, 10 first downs, six punts, a fumble and zero points.

Eric Kendricks: "The first 15 plays is always a ride. You never know what you're going to get. The first three plays, we could've got off the field and didn't. They had a couple good designed plays, quick-hitters, and they drove it on us. They scored, but after that, we got to the sideline, made adjustments, settled down for the most part and just got after it."

Xavier Rhodes: "We was just too hyped. We had to slow it down. Get the calls and just play our defense and be in the right position at all times."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000879829/article/vikings-top-rams-have-sights-on-minnesotahosted-super-bowl

I’m still trying to figure out why Robert Quinn wasn’t flagged for hitting Keenum in the head on that magical evasion by Keenum in the the first quarter. 

Same with the call on Anthony Barr. The NFL really needs to tighten up the definition of these rules. Helmet to helmet contact, or contact to the head and neck area should be solely based on initial contact. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m still trying to figure out why Robert Quinn wasn’t flagged for hitting Keenum in the head on that magical evasion by Keenum in the the first quarter. 

Same with the call on Anthony Barr. The NFL really needs to tighten up the definition of these rules. Helmet to helmet contact, or contact to the head and neck area should be solely based on initial contact. 

For me, I tend to think, anything that would be a personal foul could be challenge-able, so if something was missed or something was called that shouldn't be.

4 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Way better than Romo. Not in your face, knowledgeable and gives off the *I'd watch the game and have a beer with this guy* vibe. 

When Rhodes went down my heart dropped. This team relies heavily on him being shut down. Good to see Waynes, Alexander, Newman not getting completely exposed while he was out. 

Theilen being elite is probably my favorite storyline so far this year. That dagger he put on the Rams yesterday was so much fun. 

Rhodes goes down every single game it seems like.  So when he goes down anymore, my heart no longer drops.  I'm starting to think that mabye he's just playing dead so the other teams think he's not a 100% and will attack him a little bit.   Probably gets a little boring being a shutdown corner that barely sees any action during the game.    

Also, I agree about the Theilen story line being my favorite also. Actually thinking about getting myself a Theilen Jersey. 

1 minute ago, HEYPAUL! said:

I think we are in a “best player available” situation with or high picks.

I think you are right; however, when looking at late first round picks (hopefully the 32nd overall lol) the players tend to be "bunched" talent wise, and the major consideration then becomes perceived team need over talent differential.

12 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I think you are right; however, when looking at late first round picks (hopefully the 32nd overall lol) the players tend to be "bunched" talent wise, and the major consideration then becomes perceived team need over talent differential.

All things being equal, I think continued OL and DL investments would be ideal if there are no clear needs. The Vikings win games by dominating the trenches, on both sides. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

All things being equal, I think continued OL and DL investments would be ideal if there are no clear needs. The Vikings win games by dominating the trenches, on both sides

So would our best investment be: OG>DT (3-tech, I would assume, over DE or NT)>OT?  Or would you go DT (3-tech)>OG>OT?  Something else?

47 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

So would our best investment be: OG>DT (3-tech, I would assume, over DE or NT)>OT?  Or would you go DT (3-tech)>OG>OT?  Something else?

Based upon the spot they'll be in, I would suspect that OG is going to be a better value pick there than 3-Tech or OT.  

Archived